Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Casi Un Año

 Almost one year since the lockdown/community quarantines began and it seems that things haven't improved still. People were actually more cautious back when there were still a few cases; ngayon na marami na namang cases, bahala na si Batman. 

I am currently on a two-week self-imposed quarantine after babysitting my nephew in Marikina while my sister was in the hospital (non-COVID case, btw).  Day 3. Bored na ako. But still nothing beats being in your own house, sleeping on your own bed. Technically it is not my bed since I'm staying in the guest room, but I guess you know what I mean. While on quarantine, I want to do the ff:

  • finally finish reading Maybe in Another Life and finish two more books
  • finish Run On, a K-drama I just started watching yesterday
  • finish watching all BTS Bon Voyage episodes
  • watch the soapmaking on-demand tutorial video I enrolled in
  • finish making photobooks for Honkong and Taiwan trips
  • make layouts for my bujo, at least until October 2021
  • finish Anne's Jimin doll 
Tingnan natin kung may matapos ako jan. LOL. Of course I still have to work while I'm cooped inside my room. I am super duper grateful that orders are starting to pick up. Has something to do with the economy opening up and people are less restricted and can move around more freely. Personally, I feel that things should have been done gradually, lalo na at yung mga tao sobrang atat lumabas- ayan rampa! Sana may guidelines. Slowly but surely, ika nga. It came from them that the country can't afford another total lockdown, but what if things get out of hand and closing down everything must be done? Epal kasi ng gobyerno na 'to eh. Excellent daw ang COVID response nila. E di wow. Hay. Tama na nga ang BV. 

Moving on... today is Suga's birthday ☺ 생일 축하합니다 ! Siempre meron kaming handa- sushi bake, minty brownies and garlic parmesan. Boring lang since I celebrated by my lonesome self, quarantined in this tiny room. It would've been more fun eating with my fellow army-sister. LOL. 

It's only March and I've already finished four K-dramas. Again, I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. O eto na report ko sa mga natapos ko na dramas.

Penthouse

source

Didn't really intend to watch this but when my friend said that she's watching this drama, I read the synopsis and watched the first episode- and the rest is history. I got hooked. Hindi ko naman siya like na like pero the storyline kind of hooks you into it? Inis na inis na ako sa lahat sa kanila, yung tipong gusto ko silang batuhin ng something kung puede lang... pero at the same time, gusto ko malaman kung ano'ng mangyayari. At ang malala, may season 2 siya!!! I don't know if I want to watch the second season though. Maybe when I'm done watching all the kdramas I really want to watch. 

Medyo eye-opener etong drama na 'to ha. Eugene playing mother roles to 16 year olds? Medyo ouch. Talagang ahjumma levels na 'to. 

True Beauty

source

OMG I was excited over this drama because, 1) I am reading the webtoon and, 2) Cha Eun-woo. The webtoon is still ongoing and I thought it would be nice to know how they would end the drama. 

Out of 10 stars, I'd give it a 7. I didn't like Moon Ga-young as Jugyeong- ang pabebe ng bwiset haha. Maybe the role calls for it but it's super annoying when she talks like that. If it weren't for the eye candies, Cha Eun-woo and Hwang In-yeop, I would've dropped this series midway. 

I'm also starting to get tired of the webtoon. Masyado nang feeling si Lim Jugyeong. **SPOILER ALERT** In one of the chapters, she was meeting her blind date in a cafe. The guy looked different from his profile picture which irked your Ate Jugyeong. Well, the date was mej feelingero pero sana wala na yung comment na 'he looks oddly different'. Ikaw pa talaga ang nag-judge sa kanya for doing that, Ate Jugyeong? 

I enjoyed the drama naman but there are times when I get irritated at Moon Ga-young's manner of speaking. Sabi ni Ate, nerd daw kasi. I know a lot of nerds who don't talk like that. Now I want to try watching one of her dramas to know if she really talks like that. 

Mr. Queen

source

Another drama that I didn't really plan on watching but ended up watching because read about it in dramabeans and usually those dramabeans peeps and I are one the same kdrama wavelength. 

I enjoyed this Kdrama so much, so funny. I just feel that when the real queen is back in her body, then that is not the queen that our king has fallen in love with. Maybe Jang Bong-hwan's character sort of rubbed off on the queen eventually pero still that is not her. Sabi nga nila 'wag masyado mag-isip, suspension of disbelief eme. And I'm happy to do so. Ayoko na mag-critical thinking, no? 

If it weren't for the dramabeans blog reviews, I wouldn't have watched this because I didn't really like the lead actress and I sort of have an aversion to sageuk dramas. Binasag na yan actually ni Hwarang and 100 Days My Prince, pero there's still this tiny part of me that doesn't want to watch the genre. 

Loved Shin Hye-sun in this drama. Bati na kami, haha. 

More Than Friends

source

I started watching this drama early this year. Because of Ong Seung-woo. Oo, lalaki ulit ang dahilan. LOLs. But man, this drama was painfully sloooow- kung gaano si Kuya kabagal sa pag-realize ng feelings niya kay Ate Girl- so I just finished watching this drama yesterday. 

At dahil fresh pa sa aking isip ang mga pangyayari, mas marami akong feelings regarding this drama. 'Di naman marami, actually. 

First- at the beginning of the drama, Woo-yeon has this one-sided thing for Lee Soo. Well, if I were Woo-yeon I would also, sort of, would develop feelings for the guy. It is wrong to assume kasi nga diba sabi nila, if you assume, you make an ASS out of U and ME. Ganern. Pero besh, he's giving her special treatment!! O baka sadyang pa-fall lang si Lee Soo. Soooo... towards the middle of the drama when Lee Soo realizes he likes Woo-yeon in that way and Woo-yeon has, supposedly, moved on from him with Joon-soo eh ang sarap sigawan ng BEH, BUTI NGA

Although I sort of get din where Lee Soo was coming from. His parents' relationship was sorta malabo and maybe, unconsciously, he's been avoiding having relationships for fear of being in one that mimics his parents'. At saka, they're BFFs- hindi pa ba tayo natuto sa Friendzone that some would rather keep the friendship than risk going into a relationship and in the event that things don't go well, you lose the friendship as well. 

Second- gone are the days of asshole second-leads, no? Writers are making it harder for us viewers by giving us a cute, mabait and kind lead AND an equally cute (minsan cuter pa!), mabait and kind second lead as well. Case in point, Joon-soo. Wala ka namang maipintas kay Kuya except that our female lead is just not that into him. Ika nga ni Joshua kay Julia, sinubukan naman natin diba? Lels. And when Lee Soo and Woo-yeon were broken up, Joon-soo didn't take the opportunity to swoop in and get the girl. May sinabi siya pero nakalimutan ko na. Haha. Basta ayun, dilemma para sa ating viewers bilang nahihirapan tayong pumili sa kanilang dalawa. At mas malaking dilemma dahil sa totong buhay ay wala naman tayong pagpipilian. Hahaha. Lech.

Third- while Woo-yeon and Lee Soo were in long-distance relationship, the time difference was a big challenge for them. At first, they were handling it pretty well but eventually both their schedules got more hectic, their thrice-a-day phone calls turned into twice-a-day turned into once-a-day turned into missed/unreturned calls. Puede namang mag-text diba? Ng "sorry I missed your call. We were shooting my calligraphy eme for the movie." So na-frustrate si Woo-yeon because she feels that she's not that important to him anymore, that he's not her priority. So she broke up with him over the phone. Si Kuya naman madaling kausap, so sabi niya, Okay. Noted. So fast forward... Lee Soo returns to Korea, surprises Woo-yeon in her workshop studio. Hindi natuwa si Ate. Lee Soo wants to pick up where they left off, but Woo-yeon thinks she's had it. And here's my favorite scene- when Woo-yeon was pouring out her heart to their friend who owns the resto-bar, he told her this,

"If you are so quick to judge things from the beginning, 
no matter whom you meet and what kind of love they offer,
you won't receive it."

Boom. Galing ni friend.  Ayan, words or wisdom from kdramas. 

Out of 10, I'd give it a 6. Keri naman. Boring lang siya. And here I realized that I only liked Ong Seung-woo in A Moment at Eighteen. Of course I now know better than to judge a drama based on the actors playing the characters or based on genres. Dapat lang marunong ako mag-let go.

So there, kdramas I've finished so far. Right now I am watching three- She Would Never Know, Run On and a Japanese drama, Oh My Boss! Love is a Bonus Book. So far, so good. Maybe I'll do another not-really-a-review review post when I'm done with all three. 

Okay. Yun lang. 


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails