Sunday, June 2, 2019

Yet Another Unfinished Post

[ Note from 2021: Decided to publish this post this 24th day of June 2021 albeit unfinished because I like to be reminded of things I've done, places I've been to and memories attached to theses photos. Just recently I read old posts and there was this post from 2015 about something my nephew said that had me laughing. If it weren't for this blog I would've totally forgotten all about it, so yeah totally keeping this blog and will update it sa abot ng aking makakaya so I will be reminded of these little snippets of my life. ] 


It took a while for me to write the second part of our Taiwan trip. After 2 months since I said I would post, here it is...

Day 3: Yehliu Geopark, Jiufen Old Town & Shifen Sky Lanterns


Of all our stay at Taiwan, rain chose to fall down on the day we booked a bus tour going to Yehliu Geopark and JiuFen and Shifen Old Town. And, it's also the way we chose to leave our umbrellas in our hotel room. Galing. Still, the rain didn't "rain on our parade." There were extra umbrellas in the bus we were able to borrow, plus it wasn't raining heavily- only intermittently.

Call time was at 8am. We walked from our hotel going to the meeting place which was, fortunately, located near a huge, three-floor Watsons store. A and I joined a Klook tour. I feel it's more convenient to join these tour groups so as to save money, time and energy. Hindi ako magaling mag-plano at gumawa ng itinerary, no. I'd rather be a lemming when it comes to these things.

Road to Yehliu Geopark

I liked this part of Taiwan. Even if my sister's comment was, 'attraction na 'yan?'
At least they're making money out of it.

One of my favorite shots I took on this trip

turista at mga bato

Yehliu Geopark is just a collection of stones sculptured by the sea through time. Hindi naman masyado magnificent at hindi rin naman ako mahilig pumosing sa gilid ng mga bato, but still it's a sight I enjoyed seeing.

The experience was quite hurried since we only had an hour to explore the place and there were busloads of other tourists with us. We had to queue going to the location, we had to queue or at least wait for our turn if we want to take photos of the more popular rock formations.

Next was JiuFen Old Town and it was raining a bit heavily around this time. Marami pa ring ibang turista. Kailangan mong makipag-siksikan para makadaan. Jiufen was the inspiration daw of Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away. I see the resemblance.

Wala pa sila...

Ayan na
We were given a map of the place, a guide as to where to eat and the landmarks in the area. There were a lot of places to eat but we only chose two, I think. Una, dahil, medyo busog pa kami; Pangalawa, maikli pa rin ang oras na ibinigay sa amin.

One of the places we ate at was the one selling taro ball soup. This place is like the night market where there are plenty of stalls selling the same food, so there was just not one place selling taro ball soup but according to our map, this place was the best. So ayun, nakipila kami.





The place was packed so we ate standing up. We also shared a bowl. Masarap naman. Lasang kamote kasi kamote siya. It reminded me of guinataan but without the gata.

More walking after eating our bowl of taro ball soup. We finally reached A-Mei's Tea House, the supposed inspiration of the Japanese anime movie.







We got lost on our way back to the main alley while trying to avoid the swarm of tourists. Waley. We decided to go back and follow the lemmings. We still had time (around 15 minutes) so we managed to squeeze in another quick bite- Meatball Soup. We had to wait for around five minutes for our turn to order. And it was worth it. Sarap.





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails