Thursday, February 2, 2017

Gushing About: Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo

Last year saw the resurgence of my interest in Kdramas. My addiction started around ten years ago but slowly waned due to the lack of quality dramas that make me kilig for reals yo. So again, last year that addiction was semi rekindled. I lost track of how many Kdramas I've seen last year but I say a pretty good number.

This year I started with Love in the Moonlight, as recommended by my cousin-in-law. I am not fond of period dramas but she said it's really good. I gave it a try but after Episode 11 or 12, I got bored. Which leads me to Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo.

via
Totally had no expectations when I started watching this drama. All I know is the girls of dramabeans.com liked this drama and usually what dramabeans enjoys, I enjoy watching too. When I read the synopsis, I thought it's another teenage landian drama and even expected less from it. So you see, it pays when you...


LOL. But yes, I totally went into this expecting nothing plus I was actually hesitant to watch because it's supposed to be about sports, weightlifting pa. Blech, boring. Notwithstanding my preconceived notions about the drama, I still started watching it and after the first episode, I was hooked. Surprisingly, not because of  the promise of the kilig but the character of Kim Bok Joo is endearing and I enjoyed watching her with her friends. I love love loved how this drama is so relatable- how Bok Joo went out of her way just to see her crush or every time she'd put on that bow whenever she has an appointment with Dr. Jae Yoon. This scene also got me laughing real hard!


It was later on that I got heavily invested on the whole Bok Joo- Joon Hyung love team. I loved how Joon Hyung couldn't admit at first to himself that he liked Bok Joo. Masyado siyang guapo para magkagusto kay Bok Joo, ganern. I liked how it was Joon Hyung who liked her first and made the effort for them to get close even if at first just as friends. Nakakakilig na kinikilig siya and Bok Joo is totally clueless as her focus is on Dr. Jae Yoon.  

parang ganyan lang kay kermit
And did I mention that this drama is so relatable? Reminds me so much of my college days *sigh* However, I can relate to the Bok Joo - Dr Jae Yoon angle. There was this scene when Bok Joo was crying over Jae Yoon and I remember being in a situation similar to that and this drama just does that for me- take me back to when I was hopelessly crushing on boys. Haha. Joon Hyung is also adorable and funny. I liked how he pursued Bok Joo initially as a friend (you know, building the foundation), how he's always there for Bok Joo. This drama also shows that when a boy really likes you, he will find ways parang BDO lang.

my fez while watching this drama

I love everything about this show. Overall, it's a feel-good and giddy drama ☺ Just what I was looking for. I haven't felt this way about a drama since The Greatest Love. Plus, I didn't realize until episode 2 or 3 that the actress playing Bok Joo is the actress liked very much in Cheese in the Trap so after realizing that, I became even more invested in this drama.

Ending this post with my favorite song from the series' OST,  Dreaming by Han Hee Jung



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails