Sunday, October 18, 2015

2015 Reading Challenge: The Elite

It's been a while since I last posted a book (non) review. I've been busy with "production" and my handy dandy Kendall is not salvageable anymore so even in my downtime, I can't do any reading done. Well, sometimes I use my phone when I'm on the train but it's just not the same. Plus, the ereader app drains my phone's juice quickly. So anyway, for this I'm thankful for audiobooks :) I finished two audiobooks the past week HUZZAH! Now I'm only 13 books behind my goal.

I liked Kiera Cass's first book of The Selection series, The Selection and I thought well, I would definitely love the second book as well cos, love triangles. Haha. So I had my hopes up which I should have known better not to do.

The gist is from 35 "contestants," the number has been whittled down to six. Originally, America was only in it for the money and she also successfully formed an alliance with Prince Maxon being his "insider." Of course at that first meeting medyo gets ko na type ni Prince Maxon si America. She'd feed him information regarding the girls which made her sort of spend a lot of time with him which sort of made her eventually fall for the prince. America's now a member of The Elite.

To make things exciting, Aspen, America's boyfriend before the entered The Selection entered the army and is now stationed in the castle (castle nga ba?) and *surprise! surprise!* sometimes, outside America's room. How convenient.

So here's why I sort of didn't like The Elite as much as the first book. Everyone's so indecisive. America went into this thing all reluctant and just after a few months, she begins to fall for Maxon. Well that happens when you're cooped up inside a space without much interaction from anyone else- think PBB. When she's with Maxon, she feels she wants to spend the rest of her life with him; but, when she's with Aspen, she feels the exact same way with him. Anubeh.

The same goes with Aspen. He broke off with America so she'd enter The Selection, knowing fully well that means if ever America's wins the thing, they can never be together. So now here he is a member of the king's army, within the king's walls, near America, he decides to pursue her. Tapos ngayon magseselos- selos siya?

And Prince Maxon. Isa pang pabebe. Haha. I mean, if he likes America, why not choose her? He knows she also sort of likes her and while the poor prince doesn't know his rival is just around the corner (parang Christmas lang), he gets the upper hand in this situation. Why not decide, once and for all, to choose America so they can live happily ever after? It's so easy for Aspen to fade into the background once he chooses America. America only remembers Aspen when she's with him. Eh kung bakuran na ni Maxon, wala na yun.

So I'm frustrated. Lahat sila urong-sulong. Nevertheless, I still will read The One. Tingnan nga natin ano ba talagang pinaglalaban nila.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails