Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Lola X. Me. Divi.

Because November and December were spent for work, January is sort of my self-declared "holiday" and this is when I meet up with most of my friends. The past years, January was my guilt-free just-sloth-it month which I think I deserve after the CRAAAAAZY holiday rush (uuy, defensive LOL), but this year I'm only giving myself a week of lethargic bliss- gotta keep the momentum rolling. 

Anywaaaay. Went out with A last Monday night. We originally planned to meet 29th of January, before the New Year, but she said she had to work. So we just settled with an after-work dinner. Because I'm a morning person, I was too lazy to get off my lazy arse and go to Eastwood. Buti na lang mabait pa si Nonoy at game pang manghatid na hindi kinakailangan ng pilitan. 

We settled for Cibo since I haven't eaten there yet. I've had high expectations with this resto because I've heard a lot of people rave about their food (A, included) and they're pretty expensive for pasta dishes. But it's the New Year and it's the season for trying out new things, ergo...

overpriced. imho.

I'm sorry to all Cibo fans, but I was disappointed. In fair naman to the soup, it was delicious. That pasta- so saaaad. At that price, sana the slab bacon were visible to the naked eye. Of course, exaggeration na yan but you get my point- the slab bacon was almost nonexistent. I ordered that dish specifically because was craving for meat at the time and the menu said the pasta had slab bacon. Consuelo de bobo na masarap ang bread.

Tuesday was spent with Lola X who was home from Singapore. We actually already met Saturday afternoon and she already treated me to pizza and chicken in Amici. But Lola X wanted the Wai Ying experience again so to Binondo we went. 

Introducing...
LUNCH!!!
Umm.. it may not be aesthetically appealing but they're muy muy muy delicioso (thanks to MSG, I think) but still my ♥ belongs to Wai Ying. I've tried so many lemon chicken dishes from other Chinese restaurants but Wai Ying's is the still the best- hands down.

pretty shrimp dumplings

siomai ♥
A little office supplies shopping in Nueva. Because my scotch tape dispenser got broken over the holidays- care of ze nephews- I needed a new one ASAP. I bought a big one for only P55. FIFTY FRICKIN' FIVE PESOS! At first I couldn't believe what I heard. Big, heavy-duty tape dispensers go for a two hundred or more. Happy na ako sa purchase ko- yup, I'm mababaw like dut.

Coffee and chocolate crepe cake for merienda then off to 168 and 999 malls for a little clutter-shopping. I bought two shirts for only 150 each- bonggels! Then we decided to part ways- NOT. Haha! Lola X suggested why don't we have dinner as well. So to Gateway we went. Dinner at Kogi Bulgogi. We ordered that lettuce wrap thingy you see in Korean dramas. And jap chae, of course.

free side dishes

yummeeeee!

Super solved! Because the other members of VAX2J were not present, I was the sole beneficiary of Lola X's Busog Lusog Feeding Program. The tummy was happy, but I think my liver wasn't. Haha. Super thanks to Lola X for feeding the hungry THRICE! I may not be proud of how much I ate but I am proud that I never had Coke with these meals. Cola-free for seven days ☺ 

Had a super fun and not to mention bochog, catch-up day with Lola X. We parted ways around 10pm- just in time for the last Santolan-bound train. My feet were tired and aching and the Noom Walk app on my phone recorded a new high- 16,493 steps! (But today's count is 0 so wala quits na haha). 

OH MY SOOOO MUCH FOOOOOD! AND THE WORST PART IS.... I WANT MORE  (`(●●) ´)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails