Wednesday, February 19, 2014

2014 Book Challenge: Wallbanger

Funny how I breezed through this one but finding it difficult to finish the third and last installment of the Fifty Shades trilogy.

First reason is this is actually a fun read. In fair ha, there was no "action" until near the end and I guess I found the "chase" amusing and interesting. In comparison to Fifty Shades, the main characters had more than lust going on between them. Well maybe there was attraction (and lust, sige na nga) but they didn't act on it right away- in fernez, they did take the friendship route first before going there. And nothing beats the anticipation, right? Right? RIGHT??? We know that he likes her and she likes him but they're sort of taking it "slow."

We think Simon is your regular man-whore (a la Nate Achibald), well actually he was until he met Caroline. Which was sweet, by the way, that he was willing to drop all the other girls because of her. And I think that was what endeared me to him. Of course, kasama na yung description na he's good-looking and has, get this, not six but eight-pack abs. Who has that? I guess hot, fictional characters. Ha ha.

I feel you, Jenna
You know, these books always ALWAYS have good-looking characters. And not only good-looking, but drop-dead gorgeous and sexy girls and these beautiful, hot girls are usually unaware of their gorgeousness. This makes me want to quit reality, pack up and move to the land of fiction.

Caroline is likable. Unlike Anastasia Steele and Bella Swan, she is her own woman. She didn't have to quit her work or quit life (yes, I am mean you, Bella) to get her man. And she refused to succumb to the call of the flesh (in Tagalog, tawag ng laman, har dee har har). The woman has restraint, y'all!

And like what I have said earlier, this couple is not only about that. Well, we know it eventually leads to that but unlike Christian Grey and Ana Steele, they do other things such as go out with friends, watch movies and cook. And that is why I think I am not yet done with Fifty Shades Freed- it gets old eventually. Remember, the anticipation is half the fun!

I gave it three stars. Yes I did like it but you see this Goodreads rating system is a bit tricky. I hope they have, like, ten stars. Cos personally, I only give five stars (the perfect score) to books I truly, madly and deeply loved, books I can't get over of even after n number of days, books that make me gush to no end. Four stars I give to books which I enjoyed so much but didn't really leave a lasting impression on me. And most books, I give three stars. So anyway, three stars for this book and definitely would pick up another book from the author.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails