Tuesday, February 18, 2014

2014 Book Challenge: Dash & Lily's Book of Dares

Can you believe it we're frickin' halfway done with February? I can't and I am still in denial. I am seriously way, way behind my to-do list but in fernez to me, I already enrolled myself in driving school. Finally 'no? After a bizillion light years I finally did it. Hooray for me! So anyway, I finally got myself on a roll with my books and even if I'm six books behind, I think I can make habol. Larios, isdatchu?

So ze second book for the year is.. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares. High ratings/reviews on Goodreads and I think a book about dares is fun.

It took me 15 days to finish the book- FIFTEEN DAYS! Kung dati mabilis na sakin ang 15 days, well now I consider that mabagal and that means either I'm busy or the book isn't very interesting to me and I am not very busy these days; ergo, it failed to tickle my fancy. It was a collab between David Levithan and Rachel Cohn, who by the way is the author of Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist. The book did sound/feel/seem similar to Nick & Norah's, although I haven't read the book yet, only saw the movie because I adore Kat Dennings (and Michael Cera, for a teensy bit).

A book about two strangers daring one another to do things that are, honestly, not too daring. Haha. Not that I am for the scandalous ones. I remember watching a French movie about dares and I was not a bit amused. So Dash and Lily's dares were tame and age-appropriate. If this was a movie, I'd say na mejo lacking ang chemistry between Dash and Lily. You could say it's because they haven't met but Lincoln and Beth (Attachments) were all chemistry even if they haven't seen nor spoken to each other. Well, actually they've seen each other but at the time, they did not know that it was the other person.

Verdict: 3 out of 5 stars. Tinimbang ka ngunit kulang ☺

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails