Thursday, May 23, 2013

70

Yesterday we celebrated my dad's 70th birthday. Wow. 70. Seventy. That's an awful lot of candles to put on one's cake. My dad was 39 when I was born so that makes him a father to me for almost 31 years. That long, huh?


Daddy cooked dinuguan for his birthday lunch. Siempre siya na nga may birthday, siya pa namalengke ng ingredients at siya pa ang nagluto. Yan ang daddy ko- unconditional love sa amin. And he never made sumbat to us, not even once, of all the hardships and all the work he had to do for us. That is why we love him so so so much.

Seventy. The number actually scares me. I guess you already know why. I am just praying really really hard for his health and safety, his and my mom's. Hindi lang namin masyado feel pero our parents are already old. As in lola-lola proportions. Pero dahil itim pa ang mga buhok nila, maraming salamat sa Indian-brand hair henna, hindi masyado halata. Everyday I am just thankful that we are still complete.

Feliz cumple a mi padre! Fervently praying and wishing for MORE years to come. We love you so much ☺

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails