Monday, March 18, 2013

hooray for today

Didn't go out today to get that free sausage mcmuffin as I had originally planned. Hey, it's free but I'm thinking I'd only get the freebie when I buy something so it's not really free. It only works if you're really going to buy something but if you're only buying to avail of the freebie, you don't actually save money. Plus, I'm not really a fan of sausage mcmuffins. And no, I am not sourgraping :P

Just thought of updating this blog o' mine with personal chuva cos it seems that I only blog about books. Lack of posts regarding personal events may mean that my already boring and uneventful life has become even more boring and uneventful. Or maybe because I still don't have my own computer!!! I have a feeling I'll get my hands on my pretty laptop on June. I just have this nagging feeling... I do hope I'm wrong.

So what have I been up to lately?


Spending time with the nephews. The boys sleep over almost every night. They could get pretty rowdy and super kulit but they're super duper adorable. And while they pretty much break everything they get their little hands on, I still love having them around. Just yesterday, the yayas were watching this Redford White and Leo Martinez movie on Cinema One. When J2 saw Whitney Tyson, he asked,

 "Bakit sunog yung tao?" LOL. At first, I didn't understand his question. Akala ko tinanong niya kung bakit tulog yung tao. E wala namang natutulog sa eksena. It didn't make sense so I asked him again. Bakit daw sunog yung tao. I was laughing really hard. Kids really say the darndest things.

So I finally got myself a new hair dryer. SM Department Store was on sale last Friday and everything was on 20% off (if you have an SM Advantage card). So I got myself a Babyliss hairdryer for only P1,100++ What a steal, diba? They're selling China brands for the same price in Divisoria so when the opportunity presented itself, I grabbed it right away. Plus, the hairdryer was in teal. Cute :) 

Aside from the hairdryer, I got myself another eyebrow pencil. Bought it from Etude. Original price was P128 and since they have this 10% on 10% discount, I only bought it for P112. Hooray! Not that I really need another brow pencil now but since all my brow pencils were almost used up and I needed to buy a new one soon anyway, I'd just take advantage of the sale. It's official: I'm banning myself from buying another pangkilay for the entire year. Last eyebrow-related expense will be the brow shaping I'll be trying out in Benefit. 

Just finished Season 3 of Dexter. I almost forgot all about the Dexter DVDs I bought but after finding out that Sarah Walker of Chuck fame (Yvonne Strahovski in real life) is in Dexter's 7th season, I knew I had to watch her in it. Have to get seasons 4 to 7 and watch Julia Stiles and Sarah Walker in Dexter. Man, I miss Chuck (not Bass, okay?). 

We have a new pope and he speaks in Spanish! Me gusta :) My Spanish is very, very rusty and I think I can practice by listening to him. It's Easter soon and I will see to it that I watch him deliver his Easter message. I hope it's in Spanish. 

I really miss my Korean dramas. I'm watching Greatest Love (again) on GMA. Their dubbing sucks but I really love this series so I'm still watching. So here I am wishing I could get my hands on a really nice Kdrama soon. Now that we're on the topic of Korean entertainment, I've been keeping tabs on Kpop Star Hunt. For the second time, a Thai was announced a winner. In fairness, magaling naman talaga. So anyway, was watching yesterday and I loved two of the songs that were sung. Kaya pala medyo familiar- one was used in the Greatest Love and the other was used in Secret Garden.



Beautiful. Is it because I can't understand a word they're singing? I'm relying purely on the melody. Fan-made subs are a big help though. I need new dramas to break my heart with, to fall in love with. Yep, that's the story of my life- living vicariously through Korean dramas and YA books. Not bad, actually :D

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails