Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012: A YEAR IN REVIEW

2012 has got to be one of the best years in recent history. It was green and go in all aspects of my life (except for that 'one' which I don't really care about at this point in my life) and compared to the past years since I assumed role of an adult, the pieces are falling into place and I'm beginning to see the fruits of my labor.

2012 in snippets

Why 2012 Kicked Ass

photo courtesy of Juno

♥ Going on a travel abroad with my friends (without family!) This is a big deal for me for two reasons: 1) my family is my comfort zone and going on a trip without them is all kinds of scary for me, and 2) financially, it was all me. It is a big achievement for me, I reckon. I'm so proud of myself. I know at my age some have already bought houses or cars, but I refuse to compare my achievements with other people's. And on another note, going on a trip with my friends was helluva FUN. Hope we could do this again soon.

♥ Finally hitting my 24 books in a year challenge At last, I reached my goal. Long have I been trying to keep these brain cells alive and kickin' but I always, always fail to do so. But this year, I did hit my target and actually went one book over my goal. I read most books using my android phone's Adobe Reader so it was a little bit visually challenging but hey, I still got to finish 25. And now with my AB's gift, the newest love of my life- my Kindle. Let us devour one book at a time together, love ;) And oh, I actually upped the stakes and am challenging myself to finish 35 books in 2013. #lezzdodizz

♥ Watching 54 movies last year Yes, I am 46 movies short this year but not bad for a pretty tight and hectic year. And this means I have more to watch this year.
1. Colombiana 2. Free Willy: Escape from Pirate's Cove 3. Killer Elite 4. The Cinderella Pact 5. Ramona and Beezus 6. Romantic Island 7. Chalet Girl 8. Rise of the Planet of the Apes 9. Blue Valentine 10. Unofficially Yours 11. Jane Eyre 12. Won't Last A Day Without You 13. Footloose (2011) 14. Namets 15. The Lorax 16. The Hunger Games 17. My Little Bride 18. Mirror Mirror 19. Art of Getting By 20. Spring Breakdown 21. Who's That Girl 22. Young Adult 23. One for the Money 24. Jeux d'enfants 25. Keeping the Faith 26. The Vow 27. LOL 28. Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen 29. The Avengers 30. Kimmy Dora: Temple of Kiyeme 31. The Amazing Spiderman 32. New Year's Eve 33. Magic Mike 34. Ice Age 4: Continental Drift 35. The Healing 36. You Are the Apple of My Eye 37. Pride & Prejudice 38. Like Crazy 39. Becoming Jane 40. Jane Austen Book Club 41. The Five-Year Engagement 42. Hello, Schoolgirl 43. Introduction to Architecture 44. Bourne Identity 45. Bourne Supremacy 46. This Means War 47. Of All The Things 48. Back to the Future 49. Mannequin 50. My Best Friend's Wedding  51. Serendipity 52. Ghost 53. Una Kang Naging Akin 54. My Sassy Girl 
Most of the movies that I saw in the cinemas were for free because I have either a free pass (c/o Smart Rewards, having a friend who has MTRCB pass or AD's monthly allocation). If I watched ten movies at the cinema, I must have paid only for three, so not bad, eh?

♥ Both businesses did well last year Very, very fulfilling, I tell you. I love being busy so I hope there will be more orders and more clients in store for me this 2013. Maybe I can't watch as much movies or TV series or read as much books as I want to, but I'd take orders over recreational therapies any frickin' time. I have my family and friends (and friends of family) for this feat, but most of all, I have God to thank :) Thank You!

♥ I have another nephew! Pahabol sa mga blessings this year. AD gave birth to Goding last December 15. He has the same birthday as J1. I now have three nephews ☺ I love love love J & J to bits and I know that I'll feel the same with Goding. With J&J, they were my pick-me-upper all the time. Just wanna share- just this New Year's Eve, while we were watching fireworks going off in the night sky, I heard J2 say, "Oh my god!" Nagulat ako. Promise. J2's only 2 years old. Natawa talaga ako. 

♥ I have a Kindle! A gift from AB. Now I can read anywhere, anytime. Haha parang commercial lang ng mobile banking. You know what's more addicting than reading? Looking for reading materials :P 

2012 Could Have Been So Much Better If...

☺ I lost the extra 30 lbs. Gaaahd, this has been in my resolution ever since I gained the extra 40 lbs. I'm only asking for shedding off the 30. Ititira na nga yung 10, ayaw pa din? I actually went down to 120 around September but after the SG trip, back to barracks ang mga fats ko. This is so frustrating.
i guess i'd have to say goodbye to love :(



☺ Chuck had a 6th season Chuck will always be one of my favorite TV series. It's mixed emotions, actually, that it ended. I'm sad because my world would be less one thing to look forward to and I really really love Chuck + Sarah; but, also glad that it ended while it still made sense.

☺ We could be one, happy family located in one geographical setting that is Manila We haven't seem AB for almost three years now. During the first year, the fact that we won't be celebrating Christmas as a whole was sad, but I guess one gets used to it. But still, I miss celebrating it with my mommy, daddy and five sisters- the whole bunch. I really hope we could visit her this year but still nothing beats having her back here with everyone.

This 2013, I Wish I Could...

♥ Finally go to New York (City, USA. Just to be clear so dear ol' Universe doesn't get confused) I really want to go because 1) so we could finally see AB after three long years, and 2) to finally go on that Gossip Girl tour somebody promised me (FYI: GG has already ended so I guess time is of the essence in this case).

♥ Really, really, really (x infinity) lose 30 lbs. I need to gather all self-discipline and willpower to finally hit the gym, exercise and not to gorge myself in food, food and more food.

♥ Learn to drive I really really hope I could do this year. It's been getting more and more difficult and tiring to shuttle myself from one supplier to the next. Plus, umiitim pa ako ng bongga. The light rail transit is still my transportation of choice since it is fast and cheap, but I can't use it every time. I would have to wait for the driver to be available to drive me around and that is if he's not whining of being tired or having personal errands to do. And AD who used to drive me sometimes may not be as willing now since she has a kid to take care of. I guess I have to do this AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

♥ Refurbish the NS She'll be 7 years old this July and she is in dire need of revamping. Siguro small tweaks lang because we can't afford yet to get her a full-blown makeover. Seriously, it is not earning that much that we can have it repainted almost every year (which what we seem to be doing because of Ondoy, etc). There are leaks from above and from below and I reckon there's not much we can do about it given the resources. In the meantime, I need to get new and more comfortable chairs and new towels and replace the flooring in the mezzanine. Hope this year will be Ondoy/Habagat-less. And of course, better business! :D

♥ Have more orders Last year's big order was a surprise and I do hope that this 2013 (and the following years to come), there will be more of that. I promise to give back in my own little way. That, and of course I also wish for more small orders like wedding and birthday party favors. Aside from the income, I really enjoy making my products and I love seeing the finished fruits of my labor. Very fulfilling ☺

In a nutshell, I just wish and hope for 2013 to be as good, if not better, as 2012. My horoscope says this year's going to be so good for me. So even if I stopped checking my horoscope long time ago ( I just did again because of my friend, Maf) I'm going to claim it already.
Both phases of the year will work in tandem to assure that your dreams become a powerful reality. Get ready to live the life of the super mogul, darling.
O ha! I love it ♥ So with that thinking and the law of attraction, I know 2013 is going to be a GREAT year. I think therefore I am, diba? If you think it, you will achieve it. Naks, I believe I can fly lang peg. It doesn't hurt to try ;)

¡FELIZ AÑO NUEVO A TODOS!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails