Wednesday, November 7, 2012

RT 2012 book 23: rock chick



Book 23. Just one book shy from reaching my goal. I know it's not much but still, 24 books in one year is a huge deal for me. I have Jessica Darling and Marcus Flutie to thank because out of the 23 books read, 5 of those are theirs. And now I have another book series in my possession. Bwhahaha!

The existence of this book came in to my attention while quickly scanning through friends' updates on Facebook. Noticed that this one girl from my high school has a Goodreads account and on her book challenge, she has a goal of 120 books. 120 BOOKS! Nahiya naman yung goal ko ng unti. Haha. So anyway, she was raving about this Rock Chick series by Kristen Ashley, so I thought I'd check it out. And check it out, I did. Now, I'm finished with Book 1. 

Indy Savage has been in love with Lee Nightingale ever since she was 5 years when he held her hand during her mom's funeral. In her teenage years, she's been practically throwing herself at Lee but he seems to be deflecting her actions, so Indy thought maybe he's really not that into her. Plus, Lee told her that he only sees her as a little sister. 

Fast forward to a few years later. Indy gets herself into this mess and her best friend and Lee's younger sister, Ally, orchestrates and sets her up with Lee. And this, my friends, is the beginning of one action-packed (and I mean action in two ways: action such as those involving guns and car chases; and action involving a bed [or a shower or a couch]). 

So what do I think about Rock Chick?

  • Of course, I enjoyed it. I wouldn't breeze through a book had I found it boring. It was an easy read and of course benta sa akin ang mga kilig moments. What happened to Indy- when Lee wanted her all along- didn't we all want that to happen to all of us with the objects of our obsession? Haha. Well, mine was Darren Hayes when I was in high school and since that he is indeed gay and is married to a man, I reckon there is zero probability that would happen to me.
  • Feeling ko lang Lee supposed to be this good-looking macho man (with abs, mind you) but after watching one episode of Dog the Bounty Hunter, I keep associating Lee with Dog. So feeling ko hindi naman siya ganun ka-hot. 

And to make matters worse, Dog's wife is also in the series so I keep associating Indy with the wife (the wife, Beth, is really pretty though imho).

{image credits}
Diba???  And to think I only watched one episode of Dog the Bounty Hunter. ONE! Dog ruined Rock Chick for me
  • While reading the book, there were times when I thought that they're just going round in circles- it's like 50 Shades of Grey all over again. Although this is much better than 50 Shades. Lee tells Indy not to do anything (ie. leave the house) because it's dangerous (ie. she has been kidnapped before) but she leaves anyway just because she thinks she's not the type who does what she's told. So, she'd rather be shot at? Diba??? Sometimes it's so stupid na. 
But yeah, it was a fun read. Yun lang nga, there were times when I'd get tired of the same situation happening over and over. I think it's interesting enough to continue reading the other books in the series, which aren't really about the same lead characters. Book 2 (Rock Chick Rescue) is about Lee's best friend, Eddie. Soon.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails