Tuesday, October 16, 2012

gossip girl 06x01: gone maybe gone

This might be Gossip Girl's last season so I'll try to do this religiously and not skip an episode. After all, I have unconditional love for this series that even if they start their latest (and supposedly, last) season with all things wrong, I'll still stick with it. Oh man, this will be hard.

Serena's gone. Again. You know, I'm really wondering if these people around here are really her family and friends. I guess hindi uso sa kanila ang KIT (keeping in touch) even at this day and age of the internet, where it's easy to foursquare your "peeps" where you at. Haha.


So if I were Serena van der Woodsen and with a mother like Lily, I'd probably hate my life as well.

Speaking of Lily van der Woodsen Bass Humphrey Bass, how on earth could she just hop from one man to another? Now we know whom Serena takes after. Apparently, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Ho ho! [pun intended] So now the Bart Bass is actually alive, she just shoos Rufus back to Brooklyn. Just like that.

Now let's move on to Rufus Humphrey. What can I say about Rufus... well, he's a one-hit wonder going through a midlife crisis not exactly nailing Picasso's leftovers, just young, Hollywood-wannabes.

In GG's first season, I thought Rufus was this principled, good dad to Jenny and Dan but what a disappointment he turned out to be. First, he cheats on his wife with Lily (but then again, his wife cheated on him first so I guess quits lang sila), he wasn't able to stop Jenny from being a monster and he let Dan out of the house with this hair


Lyle Lovett, isdatchu? Seriously, Dan, what were you thinking? I really miss Dan Humphrey from Season 1.

{source}
I guess he has to have a hairstyle worthy of Dan Humphrey, the asshat, five seasons after. 


And the biggest disappointment is Chuck and Blair back together again. I know not a lot will agree with me on this, with the proliferation of Chair (ugh! stupid name compounding) pages on Facebook, but I really do think Dan and Blair are more perfect for each other. But can you blame Blair for ditching Dan when his hair is looking like this:


I like second-guessing these series, so here's my fearless forecast~ in the end, it'll be Dan and Serena all over again. I really miss Season 1, I'm even hearing Angels and Airwaves's The Gift playing in my head. Yes, that song playing in the background the first time Serena and Dan went out on a date. Gaaahd, I miss those. Medyo nadisillusion ako ng unti when GG suddenly took the road most taken- Melrose Place. Ha. 

I really, really hope episode 2 will be better and promising of an interesting season ahead of us. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails