Thursday, July 12, 2012

this is about nothing in particular

I don't know if being lethargic is a side effect of Metformin. Oh yes, I am taking Metformin. It's for normalizing my abnormal hormones. Hopefully it does it job. Or maybe this is also a side effect of sugar withdrawal??? Hmm... I can't say I'm totally sugar-free but I've cut down around 80% of my sugar intake- as in no Coke (only on special occasions, teehee- cheat days!), less rice and very little bread. Sad, I know.

So anyway... the latest movie I've seen is New Year's Eve. Sorry naman at medyo mid-year na. It was the movie showing in La Casa Cleofas last Sunday. After lunch when the rest of the family went home, I stayed. It was okay naman. Zac Efron was hot. Teehee. Lucky Michelle Pfeiffer. Anyway, I wonder why their New Year's very eventful. Usually mine is stay at home all day, help prepare the medianoche meal or write a year-end blog post.

Speaking of movies, it looks like I won't be hitting my 100 Movies goal this year nor would I  go anywhere near the target. It's already the 7th month and I'm on movie #32 pa lang. I blame it on my favorite series, Korean dramas, books and e-books and of course, real life. I have to make a living din, no.

Now that we're on the topic of making a living, it's a good thing that orders are starting to come in. Maliliit lang but it's better than nothing, right? Not knowing how to drive is a casualty to me and my business. Not really a casualty but if I know how to, that could save me from a lot of troubles. That way I wouldn't rely on anyone to drive me because a) I don't know how to reach my destination via commuting; and/or, b) I need a car to haul my stash. Learn how to drive is one of my New Year resolutions... yet to be ticked off the list. Buti na lang my aunt has this jubilee chever on Saturday and she wants lechon from my dad. E di nagpacanvass si Father Dear sa may bandang Quezon Ave para makita ang mga lechon in the flesh... e di naki-hitch na lang ako. Bonggels ♥ After that and a trip to Malabon (!), went straight to my alma mater to deliver an order.

I was back to my second home for 11 years. I knocked on the Faculty Room door and a former teacher got the door. She didn't recognize me. After 12 years and 40 lbs, who would??? But after they ask for my full name, they still remember me :D Polite pa din daw ako. Siempre naman, peg ko po si Sarah Geronimo po.

A lot has changed and I'm not only talking about the color. The area beside the red tiles where we have our flag ceremony every Monday already has a roof. Daya! The Batibot is already a computer nook, which is sad. Sosyal na ang canteen- you have to have your credit loaded at the back of your ID (so that's what the barcodes in our IDs are for! 12 years lang in the making). Mas magubat na ang gazebo
ooh, there's the plant with pink, thorny petals I loved putting against my cheek. bata pa lang, masochista na :P
and the gargantuan... and when I say gargantuan, I mean GARGANTUAN gym sports complex


I wanted to go inside the oratory/chapel but I don't know if I'm allowed to so I didn't. I still prefer the smaller oratory kahit walang stained glass, it's more beautiful and more solemn.

It's late! I have this promise to myself that I'll sleep early every night, that I have to be asleep around 12am. This is actually hitting two birds with one stone- I get to sleep early and I get to read my books (YA!). Currently reading Megan McCafferty's Sloppy Firsts and so far, so good and I'm enjoying it. Can't wait to get to the other books in the series.

Before I end this, I just want to share that I saw fireflies for this first time in my entire life last Saturday. Naki-epal ako sa pamamanhikan ng pinsan ko at sumama ako hanggang Cavite. After dinner, my cousin and I (because I wasn't privy naman to their conversation) took a walk inside the sparse subdivision. At first I thought I saw Christmas lights in the talahib then I thought it was someone smoking in there then I saw more flying lit-things! FIREFLIES!!! It was magical! Feeling ko ako si Son Ye-jin sa The Classic.

unfortunately, i cannot capture the fireflies with my camera :(
so i just had my picture sitting in the middle of the street
Although beautiful, I cannot live somewhere FAR from civilization. I need to be near my malls (take note: malls. plural).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails