Thursday, July 26, 2012

RT 2012 book 16: rules of attraction (perfect chemistry #2) by simone elkeles

My my, haven't we just breezed through this one... I have this newfound fascination over Young Adult books and I am just devouring one book after another. Aside from the fact that they are easy reads (no need to pause for a while and try to make sense of or ponder about what I just read as in other books), they're natural page-turners. You'd just want to know what happens next.

Stumbled upon Rules of Attraction via Goodreads. I go through lists in Goodreads and try to get my hands on those books with higher ratings and raving reviews, and this one got both so I gave it a go.


I loved it! I enjoyed reading it although I knew where it was leading to. It was obvious Carlos has had the hots for Kiara and what's even more kakilig about that was it wasn't because of superficial reasons. I had Crazy Beautiful in mind while reading this. Pasado si Jay Hernandez as Carlos the tough hottie but I had to rack my brains for the pretty blonde because I do not like Kirsten Dunst. So my peg for Kiara is Karolina Kurkova or Brooklyn Decker in oversize shirts and cargo shorts.

I just have one comment though about YA books- every girl gets deflowered at the end. Ha. Young Adult Books- deflowering girls one novel at a time. Har dee har har. (Eep. That is in reference to Jessica Darling's sarcastic laugh).

So here's the official book trailer (I didn't even know book trailers existed)...
Nooo!!! That Carlos guy here isn't hot. At all. I'm sure they could do better than that. Hmph. Si Alex pa, pogi :P

Anyway, the good thing about this book is it is part of a trilogy. Hoozah! Perfect Chemistry, here I come! ;)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails