Saturday, June 30, 2012

project 102: the amazing spiderman

Very random movie day-out with A today. Was supposed to go on a Rooftop Prince marathon at home but when A asked if I wanted to watch Spiderman, I said 'yes' in a heartbeat. Who doesn't like free movies, ya?


The Amazing Spiderman was amazing! I knew I had to watch it because I looooove Emma Stone ♥

Why I love the newest Spiderman movie:

Emma Stone's Gwen Stacy stumps Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane Waston.

source
Okay, I'm really ignorant with the original story in the comics but according to those sitting behind us in the cinema, Gwen Stacy is Peter Parker's first love. But if she is Peter's first love and this was in high school, where did MJ enter the scene? In my opinion, MJ is a step-down from Stacy. Stacy is pretty and smart and judging by Stone's outfits, dresses way cuter than MJ. MJ is shallow and a skank and not that cute (sorry, biased opinion here. Ever since Kirsten Dunst starred in that Savage Garden video, I started to dislike her) and her outfits aren't that cute. So yeah, whatever... I'm heartbroken that Peter had to end it. According to Wikipedia, MJ eventually became Peter's wife. So does that mean he doesn't love Gwen as much as he loves MJ? I demand a recount. Charot. 

Andrew Garfield may be scrawny but man, are those muscles I see? 

Wee! Nothing makes an ahjumma happier than seeing muscles. Haha. Honestly, I am not a msucle 'shipper. I don't get googly-eyed over half-naked men with pandesal abs nor over that controversial Philippine Volcanoes underwear ad. But when you take a scrawny-looking guy in a big shirt then later on find out that there are legit muscles inside, ayy... ¡me gusta! I mean, who knew that this
source
has this
source
I apologize for that totally ahjumma moment, okay? But aside from those biceps, I love this version of Peter Parker's geekiness. Pero ang haba ng leeg niya, no?

The Chemistry.

They're so cute together. I 'ship them ♥ Maybe it helps that they're also a couple off-screen? They're absolutely adorable.

source
That upside down kiss? Pssshhh... Overrated.

Off-screen pictures together:


I love them together although I am not keeping my hopes us. After all, this is Hollywood where 10 years in a relationship/marriage is a feat. I do wish they last though...

May Asosasyon ng Crane Operators sa New York

All cranes to the 54th! Who knew, right? Spiderman helped the right person- ang presidente ng NYCODA- New York Crane Operators & Drivers Association. Without him, Spiderman wouldn't have reached the Oscorp Tower in time. 

Tearjerker Moments

When Uncle Ben got stabbed and Captain Stacy died- got teary-eyed both times. It also made me sad when the Captain made Peter promise to not drag Gwen in his complicated superhero life. And oh, that moment when Gwen just walks past Peter in the school hallway- I think I just heard my heart breaking into a million pieces :(

Loves it. Didn't even notice the movie was 2.5 hours long. The story was similar to the first one Tobey Maguire did but it didn't make you feel like you've been duped because you're just seeing the same movie because it still is different. You kinda know what's going to happen next but still you're still all-eyes on screen waiting for the next scene. I loooove Emma Stone!!! I need to watch Easy A again soon.
She's so funnnneh! 

Me! Me! Me! I do not like 3D!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails