Thursday, June 14, 2012

it's crunch time!

It's hard when you panic even over the littlest things- I wasn't called panic girl for nothing. But it's really tiresome because I tend to linger on the current preoccupation until it has been resolved or overshadowed by a far worse preoccupation. And to make matters worse, I cannot compartmentalize! Ergo, what happens at work I bring home with me and it even haunts me in my sleep. That is why I didn't pursue law school and I can't work in a call center. When I was in (my verrrry short) law school stint, I dreamt of law books chasing me up an endless, spiral staircase. When I was working in a call center, I took all the scoldings personally and because I'm a little psychotic I listed all the names of the people who made my 30-day call center non-career hell and included them in my Kill List. Buti na lang nawala na yung notebook na yun. Good for me that I'm working in a less stressful environment now but of course I am not without any preoccupations to mull over.

Preoccupation #1: The New Nail Spa

image
As if the number of nails spas in the village isn't enough, there's another one that just opened. Perfect. Just perfect. I'm actually threatened because their NS is really cute, though I still have the price factor in my favor. I was planning on a price increase but I guess I can't just yet. So for now, I have to devise new promos and kaeklatan chorva.

Preoccupation #2: That Coveted Bazaar Slot
I sent an email today inquiring on the availability of slots of this certain bazaar, but instead a got a text message from them about a different bazaar in Makati. I am actually worried but I am still hoping for good news. Tomorrow I shall text them to make things clear. I'm really praying and hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that they'll offer me a slot AGAIN because for the past two years, it is the only Christmas bazaar I join and those two times I did pretty well. Please, Lord :D I've think I've been a good girl this year. Thank You. Yes, I'm claiming it already amidst the uncertainty.

Preoccupation #3: Health Problems

image 
I'm getting my lab results on Friday. Last week I had my OGTT results interpreted and although a doctor friend told me my results were normal, the doctor at the clinic told me those values are high and I had to 1) go on a diet and lose 30 to 40 frickin pounds, and 2) take metformin. No way I am taking metformin. I can lessen my food and sugar intake but I am not taking metformin. I'm still waiting for my results before I go back to my OB for her interpretation. I'm still keeping my hopes high. I think I can live with infertility but please not diabetes.

My preoccupations are all legit naman diba? Not just petty concerns, riiight? I'm still hoping for the best here but at the same time, I should be prepared for the worst case scenario.

In other news, we celebrated our 114th Independence Day yesterday. I love holidays! AC and I took J2 on a train ride in the LRT. I feel J1 would have enjoyed and appreciated it more but since he didn't take his afternoon nap, hindi siya sinama. I felt really bad leaving J1 but consistency is key in raising disciplined kids. After our LRT ride, we had merienda at Burger King while the kids played in the mini jungle gym. I wish I could have the luxury of taking care of my own kids if ever I have my own family [provided I do not become infertile].

Today, had early dinner at Cyma with AD, D and D. I got my check already and I promised AD I'd treat her to a grilled pork chop at Cyma. In the family, AD has been the most supportive of my endeavors and her husband, D, has been also the same. I really appreciate all the support and not just moral support ha, support in all levels :) So tonight's dinner was my way of thanks for all the help (and dinners in their house). Hopefully, I'll have more projects to come and more successful bazaars so I can share my blessings more often.

And on less serious, unimportant stuff~ I'm watching Suzy's new drama, Big. I really like Suzy that I still dare to write her name here in spite of my recently developed aversion to the name. Last saw Gong Yoo, the male lead, in Coffee Prince and that was like three to four years ago! I love how the old-school Korean stars are making their comebacks. Life's little pleasures ♥

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails