Friday, September 23, 2011

tv love affair

Disregard my September rant because the month is again my second most favorite month :) Business is doing much better, thank you. Plus, it's Fall TV! It's the start of the new season for most of my favorite TV shows- Gossip Girl, How I Met Your Mother, Chuck and Bones. And just recently, I have discovered three new, awesome shows- Awkward, New Girl and 2 Broke Girls. Happy happy joy joy!

I have yet to wait for Gossip Girl's, Chuck's and Bones's season premiere next week but this week's slew of shows has kept me occupied.


2 Broke Girls 1x01: "Pilot"

Love love love Kat Dennings <3 She looks too mature in this series though. Stumbled upon this series on twitter since I do follow Dennings. Totally had no expectations whatsoever, I didn't even research about it before watching the first episode so I guess it was a pleasant surprise.
 


The series revolves around two adorable waitresses in a diner owned by Bryce Lee (haha, just want to include that). Max, a pro waitress, works two jobs to support herself. It's not yet clear whether waitressing is her career or just a means to an end. She meets Caroline who used to be one of them bazillionaire socialites in the Upper East Side but now waitressing in a diner in Brooklyn. Though at first they seemed to be an unlikely duo, the series ends with the two working towards a common goal- to raise $250,000 and start their cupcake business with Max's cupcake-making prowess and Wharton-educated Caroline's business chops.



Favorite scene from this episode was when Max told Caroline to marry the ketchups and Caroline put two bottles together and sort of pronounced them "husband & wife." So I had to google "marry ketchup bottles" to know what the term means. I originally thought the term meant to marry the ketchup bottles with the mustard.

New Girl 1x01: "Pilot"




Zooey Deschanel (500 Days of Summer) stars as Jessica Day in this new adorkable series. After the break-up with the cheating boyfriend, she finds herself shacking up with three men, Nick, Schmidt & Coach. The boys almost didn't approve of Jess but Schmidt insisted that they take her in because Jess mentioned that most of her friends are models. Jess albeit a funny girl with great personality isn't too hot in the dating scene because of her quirky ways- not exactly the prim and proper mahinhin type of girl most guys prefer. Well eventually the boys were endeared to Jess and have grown protective of her.

Very funny, cheesy series and Zooey is too cute :) I'm guessing one of the three boys will like-like her and I'm guessing it will be Nick.


Awkward 1x10: "No Doubt"
And I thought this would be the season's last episode... buti na lang hindi :) Omiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Can I just swoon forever and ever about this series? This series just keeps getting better and giddier with every episode and you know me, I live for giddy.

In this episode, Matty takes Jenna on a date. Jenna thought Matty was Anne Franking her when he took her to dinner in a place an hour away, but she finally finds peace of mind when she realizes that the place is really special to Matty and when she was told that she was the first girl Matty brought over. I have a feeling that she is Matty's first girlfriend, too. And Matty lost his V-card to her, too.

So anyway, Matty and Jenna are back home and surprise! surprise! Ming and Tamara were still in Jenna's room, waiting for her and Matty. To cut the long story short, they got along well with Matty~

Cannot wait for next episode- it's prom (dance? formal?)!!! Guess who's asking Jenna to the dance...



Pwede bang Wednesday na uli? Ack.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails