Thursday, March 26, 2009

Lenka Lenka

My latest discovery~ Lenka. I've been listening to her album on repeat! I love her songs and her cutesie-patootsie voice, very catchy. Sort of a feel-good type of music. Her songs make you want to skip instead of walk. Hehe. Reminds me of Sesame Street (kahit Batibot generation ako).

They're comparing her to Regina Spektor but I think her music's more upbeat and less emo. I find Regina Spektor emo. Lenka sounds happy. Listening to her songs makes me giddy and squee with glee...

My three favorite songs from her album are The Show, Knock Knock and Don't Let Me Fall.
I am just a little girl
Lost in the moment
I'm so scared
But don't show it
I can't figure it out
It's bringing me down
I know
I've got to let it go
And just enjoy the show
-- The Show

Underneath the moon,
Underneath the stars
Heres a little heart for you
Up above the world,
Up above it all
Heres a hand to hold on to
-- Don't Let Me Fall



A warm bath, a good laugh, an old song that you know by heart.
I’ve tried it but they all leave me cold.
So now im here waiting to see you,
my remedy for all that’s been hurting me.

-- Knock Knock

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails