Friday, September 23, 2011

book 2011-12: no strings attached

image source
For people who know: I would have not read the book had it not been recommended by my sister. She said I would enjoy it. Feeling ko, alam na. Oh well. Whatever.

Carla is 29 and still single. In spite of friends' her age successes in their careers, she enjoys her job as an admin assistant, a job her successful friends deem she's now overqualified for. Well, they just think she could do better.

I was in my late twenties, stuck in a cycle of
complacency about everything. It was like I was 
challenging the year to give me something (anything!)
to be excited about.

[Hmm, I think I can relate to Carla in that department- 29, single, complacent- Yup, that's me!] One day, she meets this good-looking guy who happens to be five years younger than her. Not knowing her worth, she thinks how on earth is it possible for her, an administrative assistant in her late twenties to land a good-looking, smart guy in his prime, if he's not only playing her.

Happy ending for everyone. How could a chick-lit not have a happy ending? Which I like, by the way. I do like my happy ending served anytime soon, thank you! :) And yes, year/universe/whatever, to give me something to be excited about this year- before I turn 3-0. Please! :) It was a nice, quick read. I am actually thinking of picking up other Summit chick-lit publications.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails