Monday, August 8, 2011

week 31: at least i'm getting some work done

Monday
I got the internet all to myself YAY! but I had to leave after lunch to do my August inventory. It took longer than I expected because I also worked on some orders. But who cares when I had a scrumptious scrumptious dinner afterwards ☺

Tuesday
Called off work because it was raining cats and dogs and the Marikina river was past its critical level and after Ondoy, people tend to get paranoid. But after several minutes after I texted my techs that we don't have work, the rain stopped. Boo! So I just bummed around the entire day, playing with my nephews.

Wednesday
I've gotten used to not having work on Monday, so when I woke up today I thought it was only Tuesday since we didn't have work yesterday. I sent my customer a text that I'd be making my delivery on Wednesday or Thursday and it is already Wednesday! She didn't reply. Naguluhan siguro. Anyway, was busy planning menu for the anniversary dinner. Business this year hasn't been that good so I wasn't really in a mood to celebrate but yea we're already five years in the biz and of course we should be thankful that we lasted this long and we are still alive and kicking and in it for 5 or 10, 50 even, years to come. Which reminds me that I still offer a Thanksgiving mass for this milestone in my life.

Dinner consisted of pansit bihon (for longer life daw), chicken wings, lumpia and chocolate cake. Very, very predictable. This has been my menu for the past five years, more or less. I was thinking of cooking menudo but opted not to for lack of time. I'm not sure if they could tell that I wasn't too excited to celebrate.

Thursday
Delivery day! Same old routine- Glorietta to have lunch with AD then I'm off to gallivant all by myself. I arrived late which got me a scolding~ malay ko ba na traffic sa C5? Before it would only take me 30 mins from my house to the mall, without traffic, so I was expecting the same but apparently there's a road construction going on. Lunch with AD at Pizza Hut. Figured out it was too late for a movie- I can't get out of it just in time for AD's off. Just went to National Book Store and hoped to find another Sarah Dessen book on sale. After scouring the shelves, no Sarah Dessen book but got myself Marisa de los Santos' Belong to Me instead. Coffee at Starbucks while reading Along for the Ride. Delivery. Then Happy Lemon c/o AD. Realized that I've reached my saturation point for coffee with rock salt and cheese.

Friday
I've been a good girl and squeezed in my "hectic" schedule a day at the shop for some Rex Manning time. Got my maniped while reading and listening to the radio at the same time. Gino & Fran's last day (weekday) on board together. I dunno why they had to break the tandem apart when it's working like magic. Had chicken isaw nom nom nom~ And I swear mukha siyang bouncer these days eeew. I therefore christen you Enchong. Enchong Go.

Saturday
Meeting 4/10. Enjoyed class. Honestly, mas marami ang chika time but who cares haha! But seriously, I should practice more and take this Spanish thing seriously because I'm shelling out moolah for this. I must do something with this skill. I want to teach but I reckon I'm not that confident. Took a bus going to Greenhills for my date with the girls- A and C (and her friend, S). It has been awhile since I took a G Liner bus because it was the most optimal method to reach me destination.

Greenhills. Got a pair of turquoise earrings- an item to cross out my wishlist. Bumped into IR and we had some hurried (but fun as well) catching up. Went to the Promenade to meet A. Lunch at Bon Chon then Captain America afterwards. Movie finished just in time for our dinner with C and friends. Dinner at Grilla, coffee at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf after. Wasn't talking that much because I reckon I've lost my social skills and we were around people I don't know that much and I tend to clam up in such situations. Happy Lemon. Went to A's house-chika time with A and sister until 3am.

Sunday
And mommy woke me up verrry early in the morning :( No lunch out na naman so stayed at home the whole day, stuck with Little Miss Wet Blanket. Haha. Well, sometimes she's okay but I find myself rolling my eyes often when I'm with her. I feel guilty actually...

It was a rainy week. I hate rainy days. I hate it because rainy days mean lower sales and it somehow affects my mood and this time, the laundry smells baaaad! We usually don't use Downy but this time I guess we have to. I pray for sunshine tomorrow since it's Binondo Day with A and C and her friend.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails