Friday, August 12, 2011

kdrama: scent of a woman update 1

I blame Juno for my addiction to this drama. Lately I've been preoccupied with other trivial things such as completing my Project 100, reading books that belong to the Young Adult category (meaning, books that don't really contribute to one's development) and this verrry time-consuming addiction to Korean dramas. I know I should be focusing on more important matters like growing my soon-to-be empire but here I am on my ass devouring a 16 to 20-episode drama one after another. Before knowledge of Scent of a Woman, there were only three must-see dramas in my list: Lie to Me, 49 Days and Best Love. I was done with two and now I only have Best Love to fuss about. But no, Juno had to inform me of this new drama that's supposedly good and also stars Kim Sun-ah (My Name is Kim Sam-soon) and Lee Dong-wook (My Girl). Now, how can I resist??? EQ? Ano yun?

Lee Yeon Jae (Kim Sun-ah) is our underdog who takes all the crap that's being thrown her but having found out she has terminal cancer and only has six months to live, she decides to stop taking other people's shit and resigns from work. Kang Ji-wook (Lee Dong-wook) is a businessman's son who takes over the reigns of their business and is arranged to marry the daughter of a business tycoon. Both were in misery and how they're going to fix that we'll find out in the second episode which I'm going to watch in a wee bit because this drama's too good and once you pop, you just can't stop.

I thought this was a rom-com and for a first episode of a rom-com, this was fairly "heavy." I even cried! How can people be so mean and they're not even that beautiful!!! Not that being beautiful is a free pass to being mean, it's just that most beautiful people are. The tycoon's daughter, Se Kyung, is so full of herself and she's not even pretty. Well, yes she's tall and thin and has that fabulous wardrobe but man, she seriously needs to get her teeth done because she looks bungal. Anyway, I don't care if it's not super funny rom-com like MNIKSS as long as they maintain its awesomeness. I will avoid reading any reviews or recaps of the drama so as not to spoil the fun of anticipation.

Now off to watch episode 2...

1 comment:

lolo's fan : said...

LOL sorry naman! sige kasalanan ko na! :b

Related Posts with Thumbnails