Monday, July 4, 2011

project 100: green lantern, waiting for forever, departures, something borrowed, unknown

{source}
Green Lantern
Free movie at buti na lang free siya. This movie sucked big time. Hindi ko type ang story, hindi ko type ang costume at hindi ko type and characters. In other words, HINDI KO SIYA TYPE. I expected a lot from this movie because it's a Marvel Comics adaptation and it's Ryan Reynolds. But even Ryan Reynolds didn't make this experience worthwhile- I thought he looked funny. Does he have a lazy eye?

And oh, did you see Blake Lively's waist (or it's non-existence)? Kainis no?



{source}
Departures
This one is very, very nice. I liked it. After reading its synopsis online, I thought it would be one of those serious drama movies typical of award-winning movies. Well, it's still drama but sprinkled with comedy which made the movie even more charming.
Daigo gets a job as a coffiner (or coffineer?), a job that the Japanese considers "dirty." It's beautiful how the movie has shown Daigo's transitioned from someone who initially just did it for the money to someone who loved what we was doing in spite of what other people think.



{source}
Unknown
It's Liam Neeson! With whom I had a little crush on when he played Qui Gon Jinn in The Phantom Menace. I loved and enjoyed Taken so I also gave Unknown a chance. Aside from romantic comedies and teenybopper films, the other genre I like is suspense-mystery-thrillers. Like in Unknown, I initially thought there was this huge conspiracy which included his wife, that the wife had planned all this. I was in awe when it was revealed later on that she was not really her wife and they are just assassins on a cover because I didn't see that coming. I like to get ahead of movie plots and try to guess how it's gonna end and most of the time, I get it right.


{source}
Waiting for Forever
Waited for this for forever!

About this boy who non-stalks this girl who has made a difference in his life. He doesn't stalk nor follow her. Apparently, he just goes where she is. I like the line of thinking here.

Tom Sturridge annoys me but I don't if it's him or the character he played. Had Rachel Bilson not been in this movie, I might have stopped watching altogether. It's a cute and sweet but kinda creepy love story. I guess it's nice and beautiful in an okay kind of way.


Tom Sturridge. His pouty lips annoy me but they look good on Angelina though.
She's so pretty! She's not drop-dead gorgeous as other Hollywood actresses are and she's small and cute but I guess that is her appeal.
The movie is actually a bit sad. Here is Tom Sturridge with his pyjamas and his happy-go-lucky, tumbleweed-in-a-desert attitude which most people frown upon. He lived most of his life on the mantra that "Everything's peachy," then he realizes one day that not everything is peachy- that scene broke my heart.
"I have enough of you in my head to last forever." Awww...
If you ask me, there’s a moment in everybody’s life when you are helpless, just helpless with hope and trust, and then something happens… something too big to understand, and then everything changes forever.

{source}
Something Borrowed
I am conflicted whether to read a book before I go see the movie adaptation or vice versa. Though I still loved both.
They tweaked it a little bit because instead of Hillary, it was Ethan. Even if in the book I hoped it would be Rachel and Dex in the end, in the movie I hoped that it would be Rachel and Ethan in the end. Well, it's just that in the book, it was clear that Ethan doesn't like Rachel in that way; whereas in the movie, he did. And Dex in the book was more likable and Dex in the movie isn't as charming and sweet and adorable. They should have gone with a Rachel + Ethan ending. Ohwell.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails