Sunday, December 19, 2010

very merry

Just six days before Christmas and five more simbang gabi mornings☺ I have yet to do my Christmas shopping because I haven't done any. As in zero, zilch, nada. I guess this would result to yet another last minute Christmas shopping. I need to make a list... later.

Anyway, amidst the busyness of December was my cousin's wedding. I am so grateful that I have a sister who designs and makes clothes so I had something to wear to the wedding and not fret about not finding anything in the closet that would fit me. Last December 11 which was also my sister's birthday, my cousin was married in a land far, far away otherwise known as Fernbrook Gardens. We were late to the church ceremony, which I think is to be expected of us. Not a good thing but is a fact. With such picturesque venue, we couldn't help but take bazillions of photos.

The reception was a beautiful winter wonderland theme with all those pretty cardboard snowflakes and sequins on the table.
Anyone who guesses what the hanging word on the table centerpiece means would win an overnight stay at the Sofitel. Frickin' badingger host who only called on the boys who don't even have a frickin' idea what ai, sarang or liebe mean. They weren't able to guess it but the host gave them the GCs pa din. Unfair. Un-frickin-fair.

Anyhoo, enjoyed the night with my relatives. The biased emcee and "Aling Dionisia" provided the entertainment for the night. Would've been the perfect night only if my shoes weren't killing me. But aside from that, everything's perfect ☺

Back to my dress which was inspired by this:
of course, Blair's style is my top-of-mind reference when it comes to dress inspirations. If only I have her body type, it would've been more perfect but since we've got to make do with what we have, this is what we've come up with
I prefer it in black but black is usually not advisable to wear in weddings so we ended up with salmon which I think complements my skin tone. But really I am thankful for this dress and who made it because it fit like a glove and I was totally comfortable in it. Okay have to go now, have to wake up at 3am for the simbang gabi but before I do, here's my latest gratitude list~

additional orders from friends and classmates   day 4/9 of simbang gabi   free tickets to this TV network's Christmas special   swiss miss cocoa in mint chocolate   day-out with Ycel at RP    mozzarella-filled piadina finally getting all 17 stickers needed to get that 'free' planner and actually getting the planner Joaquim's 1st birthday @ Cafe Lidia free movie having a sister who designs and makes clothes Joaquim and Anton coming over for Sunday lunch 

Have to end this now, she's home already. Haha. Toodles!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails