Monday, October 4, 2010

optimistic

Not the perfect weekend but not bad either.

As usual, Saturday schedule was Spanish class in the morning then lunch with Joji. I really don't get to practice my Spanish but Noli Me Tangere is really interesting. I was never really interested in Noli when we first read it in high school and I read it only for the sake of reading and in case I was called in class, but I couldn't care any less. Plus, I am not a Jose Rizal fan. I want Andres Bonifacio as our national hero. Anyway, I'll forever be a sucker for information. I'm really amazed at how words evolve, especially our words which originate mostly from Malay and Spanish. We use enganyo as to encourage, but did you know that the Spanish word engaƱar (yo= engaƱo) means to deceive? Ha. And it was only recently that I found out that there's a Spanish word such as garrafal. And I thought we own garapal. Still, I revel in the beauty of the word that is sayang and how it doesn't have a direct translation in English.

Sunday was lovely, as expected. After 48 bazillion years of AC's pangungulit about Casa Reyes, we finally ate there yesterday for lunch. Here's what I think: Keri lang, plus service wasn't that good.  At dahil sa bonggang-bonggang build up, my expectations were verrry high. You know naman, me and my expectations... Anyway, sin food galore since almost everything we ordered consisted of taba. Crispy liempo was pig fat and skin deep fried in cooking oil. Crispy dinuguan was deep-fried liempo in pig's blood. Sisig was mostly taba. Saved the most mundane for last, chicken barbecue. At sa hinahaba ng prusisyon, sa chicken bbq pa rin ako napa-yum. My treat next week. Let's Wai Ying :)

After lunch, I really included in my day's agenda to make mommy buy me my long overdue birthday gift- a pair of sandals. Kawawa na ang mga shoes ko ditey sa bahay. I badly needed new ones. Bought a pair of white, strappy flat sandals. I ♥ it. And also bought fake Sanuk slippers. Haha. I don't think I would buy the authentic ones for 1,900. I just like the cushy feel of the rubber. Now I am wondering how the real ones feel like, hmmm...

Not yet sleepy albeit I need to start my day very early tomorrow since I have to make that trip to the suppliers tomorrow and within the window period of color coding. Still haven't planned my product line and by the looks of it, mukhang kapaan na naman tayo pagdating bukas. I don't like! Now I feel so impotent so early to rise tomorrow morning tayo, which means early to bed din. Not.

But before I go to sleep, I want to make this wish~
please, please, pretty please
First weekend of the month was already awesome. Please, just keep on getting better.

P.S. Had another if-then statement/wish for tonight last night. It came true. Am still skeptical. I want a definite, unequivocal answer.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails