Monday, July 19, 2010

pick flick: sorry if i love you

This one has been sitting in my Downloads folder for the longest time. I think I found out about it via tumblr, as usual. Needed to clear my hard drive of big files and since this file 700MB, I decided to watch it already and then erase it. I have it on CD but the subs won't play on TV. Having busted speakers, I had to go to a nearby mall to get me some cheap speakers, ketchup-flavored chips and Royal Grape and I'm good to go... on my movie date with myself. Ha.

What I Love/Hate About Sorry If I Love You:
(+) Beautiful cast. Had this movie turned out to be bad, just watching these beautiful people chatter noisily is good enough. Italian men are ¡muy caliente! and I'm jealous of how gorgeous these Italian women are! Those arms! How I wish I could have arms that thin. I'm envious!
(+/-) May-December love affair. Honestly, I don't know what to make of it. Alex and Niki have a 20-years age difference. He's 37 and she's 17. I doubt that such relationship will ever work in real life. I'd like to believe in love and be a hopeless romantic but I think I would have to go skeptic on this one. As much as I'd like to play an optimist here and say that age ain't nothing but a number, sometimes it really does matter. Especially, if you were born more than a decade apart from each other. It could work but it would take an awful lot of work.
(-) We have a term for men like Alex. D.O.M. which stands for Dirty Old Men. But since he's one stud muffin, we can skip the label.
 When a story ends, the pain is proportional 
to the beauty of the love experienced.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails