Sunday, June 20, 2010

Daddy Di Do Du

Home alone on a Sunday afternoon, which is a welcome change from the usual lunch-outs. At least I don't have to take a bath early, I can watch my variety shows, BF/GF (yes, I actually watch that stuff) and the weekly chismis talk shows. And speaking of variety shows, I watched ASAP awhile back and saw Kim Chiu flailing her bones arms, eeeeyuck. Can someone give her something to eat, please!

Anyway, this is a post about my daddy since it's Father's Day today. I sent my daddy a text message earlier to greet him. I was able to talk to him and greeted him again when AD called him on the phone. He was playing mahjong. I'm sad that he's all the way there in the province on Father's Day. Though I think any day can be Father's Day, so we'll just celebrate it next week when he comes home from the province.

I love my daddy ♥ I love mommy and daddy very much but since today is Father's Day, this is about him and how he's been the greatest dad ever. With daddy, it's just that I always feel that my efforts are not in vain. He has always appreciated every little thing that I do. Whenever I used to come home from school with a grade a few points shy of being in the Honor Roll or Dean's List, whenever I show him my latest "work of art", he'll always tell me, "ang galing-galing talaga ng anak ko." Kaya naman I never want to disappoint him that I got a bit hard on myself when I knew I couldn't and wouldn't be a lawyer like he wanted. Though I think he has come into terms with that fact, like I have. Now, I just want to be successful financially to be able to provide them the comforts of life like they have done for us when we were much younger (and actually, up to this very day). He and mommy are the perfect team. And even if mommy's favorite is Vicky, I don't mind and it's okay because I am my daddy's favorite (feeling ko lang) :P

 Happy Father's Day, Appa

Top 10 Reasons Why My Daddy is the Greatest Dad Ever:
  1. He taught me my math. He wasn't the most patient teacher there is but still, it was because of him that I memorized the multiplication table. Yes, there was one time when he locked me inside my room and was not allowed to go out until I memorized my tables of 6, 7 and 8. I didn't take that against him. Kahit bobo pa rin ako sa math hanggang ngayon, at least namemorize ko naman ang Table of 2 hanggang 10. 
  2. He taught us to eat our veggies. I was actually shocked that not everyone I know eats veggies, because I always thought everyone else's dads made them. I'm just proud that I eat vegetables and I mean, ALL vegetables- even vegetables we didn't even know existed. Of course, as young kids we were iffy but according to my dad, "Papakainin ko ba kayo ng masama." Well, minsan masama ang lasa tulad ng ampalaya pero mabuti naman ata sa katawan. 
  3. He gives me extra (and bigger) allowance whenever I would go out malling with my friends. But this was waaaay waaay back when I was in grade school and high school. Or when mommy would only give me P20, he'll give me P100. Ha. 
  4. Minsan lang ako makapasyal with daddy and only with daddy and there was this one time when I was in high school when he accompanied me and Vicky to National Book Store in Q Plaza. That was the first day of school and we needed to buy school supplies that we lacked. I saw this pack of Goody headbands that was very pricey (up to this day, mahal pa rin naman ang Goody eh) and I made daddy buy me those. He did. No questions, no conditions. I still keep the packaging in my box.
  5. He makes me ubit whenever we eat hipon, crab or anything that needs extra effort to eat. In Tagalog ata, ubit means himay. Even if I'm already two years and three months shy of being 30, inuubitan niya pa rin ako. Without even asking him to. 
  6. He taught me how to use a hammer and a saw and now I am my own handyman. For extra hardy-work, there's Nonoy but I can pound on that nail myself. 
  7. He constantly reminds us of our life goals, or lack thereof. We didn't really like those miting de avances which could take hours but I do appreciate them. Of course, I don't want to be grilled as to my life goals and ambitions and this was done more frequently during that time when I was in a semi state of depression, but it was that grilling that made me want to make something out of my life. Until now it seems that I haven't made anything out of myself naman but I'm more determined. Unti pa sigurong determinasyon...
  8. According to a quote I once came across, the most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother. And even only for this reason alone, I know I have the bestest father in the world. 
  9. He's also the best cook. Never mind na medyo walang aesthetics, after all, lasa naman ang importante. He makes the meanest dinuguan ever.
  10. And have I mentioned that (I think) I am his favorite? Haha. Bwahaha. 
Daddy's coming home on Saturday and I'm excited to have our lunch out next Sunday as a family but a bit sad cos we'd still be incomplete. Anyway, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to my daddy and all the fathers out there who have actually done some fathering.

Any man can be a father but it takes a special person to be a dad.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails