Thursday, March 11, 2010

Empty nest syndrome

I really hate goodbyes.
I hate new phases.

Empty-nest syndrome is the name given to a psychological condition that can affect a woman around the time that one or more of her children leave home (source). I think I may be undergoing such, only I am not a mother.

I grew up in a pretty big household with seven of us in the family. Growing up, I wasn't that close to my sisters. We have big age gaps and when you're in high school and your sisters are already working, there's just not much to talk about, right? But when I graduated from college and we spent more time together, I've become closer to them. Reversely, I've become more distant to my younger sister to whom I was very close with as a child. Anyway, to cut the story short, I'm just sad that AB is leaving for NY. I'm happy for her and her new endeavor. It's just that I'm sad that we'll be apart.

You know what? For the past year that AC was in China and Vicky was living with her in-laws, I felt that AD, AB and I grew closer to each other. I remember the three of us here in the room almost every night, talking. But now AD is married (she just lives on the next street but still that's different) and AB is leaving for another country for God knows how long. Vicky already has her own life and though she lives inside the house (but different house, gets?) we don't click in that way. And AC, it seems she has a life of her own. She has her officemates she hangs out very often. Ewan ko ba. She's a little bit KJ kaya she's no fun. Plus, she has this issue now na kinaiinisan ko sa kanya. And she always comes home late.

HAYNAKO. Ang hirap i-explain.

I think I need to get a life. Masyado ako naging dependent sa mga kapatid ko. I guess this was what my father told me~ someday my sisters are going to have their own lives and they won't be there forever for me.

Excuse me. I think I have to cry.
Kthnksbye :(

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails