Monday, February 1, 2010

In God's Time

Maybe there really comes a point in one's life when you start worrying about your future in the romance department BIG TIME... Being in my late 20s and haven't been in any relationship - whether short or long, serious or fling-fling lang, MU or whatever you may call it- none of those, so I won't really know what I'm missing out on. I don't know why so many people are fussing so much about this subject like crazy, like their life depended on it. Of course, I do want to be in a relationship too, get married, have a family~ the works!~ but of course, these will all come in God's time, I believe.

My kinakapatid came over last Wednesday to have her brows groomed. But of course, aside from that, chika time also included. We walked about lots of stuff but mainly about love lives. Both unattached and SSB (single since birth), we mostly have the same concerns and other chuva. Ang kinaibahan lang namin, she's actively looking whereas I am still hoping that the one for me, the one by Divine Right, will fall from the sky and ring our bell. She is currently sad and frustrated, most especially with her love life or lack thereof. That's when I start dishing my Happiness is a decision mantra and how our happiness depends solely on ourselves and once you let it depend on external factors, then you'll never truly be happy. I am not preaching to her or anything, I am just sharing what I'm practicing and thought that maybe that could help her overcome sadness. She's sad that until now, she remains single. Scrap what I said about the one falling from the sky, that's just some wishful thinking, who doesn't want to make things easier for them , right? Although I believe that one must network and go mingle, I think that it will all happen in God's time, because God knows what's best for us, right? She said she's getting tired of this "In God's time" reply, that what if you want to be happy RIGHT NOW, doesn't God want her to be happy right now? So I told her that happiness is something that should not be dependent on external factors and if ever she feels sad, she should not dwell on those stuff that makes her sad. But she said that for her, when one feels sad, you should feel it. Well yes, but after for a moment, you must know when to stop feeling it and move on. Like what I tell my cousins, my sisters and friends, I want to get married, have kids and all other things that would entail a family life. That's is what I want in the near future, I specifically indicated in the near future because time is of the essence. And all I want to be when I grow up (or older) is be a shopping housewife and mother. BUT in the event that it won't happen, I vow to not mope and curse the world. Although there's nothing else in the world I want to be than that, I wouldn't let it define me. It may be what I really, really, really want but then again if it's not for me, maybe God has other plans.

I feel she really doesn't want to get out of her misery just yet. Actually, I don't know if it's really just about the lack of a love life or maybe it has something to do with her father's death a year ago. So I really can't say we are on the same turf because in addition to not being in a relationship, she's also dealing with her father's loss. I've told her everything I know which I think could help her with what she's going through because I've gone through a somewhat similar period in my life and that's my way of helping. Everyone has his own way of coping. Maybe she just has to feel it like what she said and maybe when she's had enough, she'll just snap out of it. I just pray that she'll be fine soon.

I still maintain that if it's yours, it will be yours in God's time. I won't doubt. I'll just believe. I'm perfectly happy right now. My happiness doesn't depend on anything and anyone. Siguro sa hormones ko pa.

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

1 comment:

single lady said...

hi tita joy! i have the same sentiments before. as what my friends told me, entertain possible friends, to lower my standards because each one of us has its own imperfections. you have to see the person in a positive side. I suggest that you have to pray really hard and be specific with your prayers( sabi sa akin ni AD before). remember going to baclaran everytime im there?, going to St. Jude, and completing the 9 days novena in december? i did'nt notice that He had answered my prayers but I just took it for granted. But then God really persist on the person eventhough i don't like him. Kung sino pa ang ayaw mo, yun pa ang dumarating baga. Pray hard even harder. Mother's prayer is the best as what my friends told me. Again, patience. I am not secure yet with my present relationship for we will still be facing trials and obstacles. Again, I am still praying that this will work. Aside from this, enjoy your life. You're so young. I had my first bf at the age of 29 kaya hibdi pa huli ang lahat. Smile, be happy and entrust to Him everything. He does wonderful things. GOd bless!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails