Friday, January 29, 2010

Chuck Attack!

This is way loooong overdue. It has been three weeks since Chuck first aired its first episode for the season and I must say that they didn't disappoint because 1) first episode was 2-hour long, 2) it's a back-to-back thingamajig meaning episode 3 aired Monday night right after Sunday's season premiere, and 3) it's a kick-ass, superb episode just as I remember it to be only more, in Devon's words, AWESOME!

S03 E01: Chuck Versus the Pink Slip

I thought all Chuck ever wanted was a real relationship with someone but then again he dumps Sarah for chance to become a real-life spy. Clearly, he has changed his mind when we refused to run away with Sarah and live anonymously somewhere else where they can have their happily ever after. Sarah was ready to leave it all behind but then Chuck bails out on her and this has left Sarah brokenhearted. Argh. This frustrates me big time. But then again they have to find ways to prolong this Chuck + Sarah convoluted love story.

The updated intersect in Chuck's head made him not only the most relevant info bank but also a lean, mean fighting machine. All he has to do is "flash" and voila! he can kung fu the living daylights out of anyone. And albeit his newfound karate chops that can make him into a certified cool dude, he still is a dork at heart and I so adore him for that. Chuck looks good in a suit but I prefer him in his Buy More uniform.

S03 E02: Chuck Versus the Three Words

...there is no pause-button in life. So when did Morgan begin to make sense and be wisdom-y about life. Was Hawaii his some kind of ashram that he transformed into this person who suddenly makes sense? Nevertheless, I still love Morgan. Kahit hindi na siya yung sabog-type, he's still Morgan-y which is, believe it or not, cute.

This cha-cha of love between Chuck and Sarah is really frustrating but cute and I don't think I'm going to get sick of it anytime soon. It is after all my favorite of all story angles in this series.

Karina, Sarah's best friend in the spy industry, plays a key role in Chuck's first mission as an official spy. Also from her prying into Sarah's private life, I learned that Sarah's kinda took it hard when Chuck refused her proposition. Sarah even considered being taken out of the mission (protecting Chuck) since it seems to be that their feelings for each other has become a liability to both of them. But we know they're not going to do just that. Sarah is an integral part of this story. Argh. Again, this is so frustrating.

S03 E03: Chuck Versus the Angel de la Muerte

Captain Awesome aka Devon meddles into spy matters, compromising the team's mission and also compromising his and Elie's safety. Devon so much wants more excitement in his life and puts his foot on serious affairs like CIA missions and whatnots. But then he realizes that all that adrenaline-rush isn't worth what he might be putting on the line.

If I were writing this right after I first watched this episode, I would be panicking like crazy right now, worrying what could have happened to Devon but because I've seen the episode right after it, I'm perfectly calm. But during that time, I was like, "NOOOO!! YOU CAN'T DO THAT TO CAPT. AWESOME!!!"


S03 E04: Chuck Versus Operation Awesome

And I'm right, they can't do that to Capt. Awesome because he's just too, wait for it~ Awesome! Ibang series ata ito, haha. Anyhoo, this season's Fulcrum is called The Ring. Galing ha, naubos nila ang lahi ng Fulcrum. Going back... the Ring has mistaken Devon for Chuck and now he has to what Sydney Prince (Angie Harmon) instructs him to do or else he'll be dead meat. And that could be dangerous since Devon is not equipped with an intersect in his head.

Brandon Routh guest stars as Daniel Shaw in this episode and I guess in a few more episodes. Oooh nice, eye candy alert! And there's some air of mystery that surrounds our eye candy.

And in this episode, I finally know who Lester reminds me of~ HIM, one of the villains in Powerpuff Girls.

Bahaha!


S03 E05: Chuck Versus the First Class

Morgan becomes Emmett-like when he assumed Assistant Manager position in the Buy More. As a result, all the other nerd herds, et. al. are against his leadership. This version of Morgan is not that bad but I kinda missed sabog Morgan.

Chuck is deployed to do his first solo mission, meaning sans Sarah and Casey. If this were to happen during the last two episodes, it would be suicide but now that Chuck can flash on different fighting styles, no worries actually. Well of course he's still some kind of a doofus and clumsy and could flub this operation by himself. But all in all, I'd say Chuck can pull through this one.

And Lana Lang Kristin Kreuk guests stars as Hannah, a prospect girlfriend for Chuck. YAY! She's so pretty I swear, and since I miss Smallville, Kristin Kreuk is an effective alternative. I am hoping she'll be there for a looooong period of time like until the end of the season and I am fervently hoping that she's not some kind of a Ring agent because that would be such a bummer, I tell you.

Shaw (Routh) grills Sarah regarding his feelings for him. Sean thinks she followed Chuck in Portugal so as to protect him. Sarah told him she was there to bury Bryce. But if you ask me, I think she was there because she made plans to run away with Chuck. The air of mystery surrounding our eye candy has been busted and he grills Sarah like that because he sensed that there's something between her and Chuck and he can relate with what's going on between the two. That, or he's into Sarah. Oh I don't know.

Anyway, Sarah is still nursing a broken heart and I am dying how she would be able to take the Chuck + Hannah thing once she finds out about it. Really hoping here Hannah is not a Ring agent.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails