Thursday, November 26, 2009

Reminder to self: Think happy thoughts

T wenty nine days left 'til Christmas day! I love love love the Christmas season but it's scary when you realize how quickly time flies. Parang kailan lang I was waiting for New Moon's release and my sister's giving birth and now New Moon is already out in the theaters (but I haven't seen it yet) and my sister's will give birth very, very soon.

I have been busy, busy thinking that I should be busy. I'm not yet prepared for the bazaar on the 5th and 6th of December. It's like I'm taking my sweet time since the bazaar is not until two weeks time pa when in fact, I have only two weeks left. Actually, less than two weeks. BUT here I am dilly-dallying. First of all, I haven't fully adjusted yet to my current set-up which is I do all these stuff in my sister's house. Well, yeah, it's just on the next street but still it's not the same. Before, all I have to do is exit through the sliding door and voila! I'm in my work area. And since it's solely for business purposes, I can leave my stuff around the sink at night and pick up where I left off the next day. It's easier to start your day, parang you haven't lost your momentum when what you have to do is right there in front of your eyes. Hay. Baka naman tamad lang talaga ako. But I want to change that; hence, getting my lazy arse off the bed and computer chair and dragging my feet to the house on the next street. Grabe ako mag-complain, ano? When all I have to do is walk a few steps. I should imagine what other people have to go through everyday commute to work and just be thankful that I don't have to go through horrendous traffic everyday. Oh well...

Also related to the bazaar preparations. I wanna make pukpok my head (LOL) for being disorganized. I haven't planned all this properly and so I have to make several trips back and forth to my suppliers. This is okay if I have a driver at my beck and call (I don't) and gas prices are getting more and more expensive. And so my work has been stalled several times because I ran out of this, ran out of that. Plus, I kinda feel like my stars aren't aligned this time. I've been running into "small accidents," like when I spilled a gallon of my ingredient and broke my beaker into pieces. And since I broke my beaker, I need to make a trip AGAIN to a supplier just for that. I could buy from Mercury Drug but it would be more expensive there. I think I have to list down all the other things I need from that shop para isahan na lang. Argh.

Another thing I want to rant about is the very low daily sales we've been getting. Last month, just after the great flood of Ondoy, we were doing great. But after the Undas vacation, sales started dwindling. They say maybe because there's this newly-opened home service salon & spa inside the village and they're offering their services for cheap! AS IN CHEAP! It's a 2-for-1 massage at only P299, so that's like P150 per person. Maybe that is the reason. Maybe not. And so AD suggested that I launch a promo. At first I was hesitant because at this time of the year, people come flocking but looks like this year would be an exception. We have to make our presence felt daw. So there's another thing I have to do. Argh.

I'm soooo not in the mood for anything. I just want to sleep or watch TV all day. Recently, parang I'm always not in the mood for anything, am lethargic, am junk-food-binging and easily annoyed. OH I DON'T KNOW. Dati, whenever I don't feel good or am annoyed at something or someone, I blog. Blogging has been my way of releasing stress and anxiety but now that my sister's here 24/7, literally, I can't find time to do so. So now parang wala na akong outlet. I know it's a little selfish of me but I kinda missed it when there were only two of us in the room. Clean-up was easier and we both did chores. Now, it's harder to keep things orderly especially when Vicky's computer is right smack in the middle of the room with all those cables and wires in a mess on the floor. And no one's really helping in organizing the closet. Put a hamper of newly-laundered clothes in the room and if I don't put it inside the closet, it'll remain there for weeks. Before, we to agreed to take turns putting the clothes in the closet but now, no one's up for it. Siguro kaya magulo isip ko kasi magulo paligid ko. Hay. There are plans to repaint the entire house. I hope this could be done real soon because I want to organize everything already. Everyone's waiting for the repainting before organizing their stuff. I can't wait! I'm starting to get overwhelmed with all the clutter, my clutter than I can't seem to organize just yet. Parang everything's in limbo. Parang naka-pause.

This must be my first rant after a loooong time. Happiness nga daw is a decision but what if there are external factors that hinder you from getting it? Because I've been trying to do whatever it takes to go after that happiness but something always gets in the way (y pienso que en un esfuerzo consciente). Unfortunately, the secret doesn't work all the time. Nakakainis.

T H I N K H A P P Y T H O U G H T S

1 comment:

christmas said...

hayy! tama! if pure positive thoughts and always thinking that something would be yours do actually work, siguro super mega uber duper billionaire na ko ngayon and marami ng tao sa paligid na na-extinguish!! hahaha! therefore, the secret does not really work. it's just a marketing propaganda of a book publisher to sell their book. ;P bitter? nahh, just stating the fact. hehehe.

Related Posts with Thumbnails