Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pick Flicks

Pick Flick #1: Role Models
Paul Rudd, Seann William Scott, McLovin

Funny movie.
I was actually hesitant to buy this movie at first. I was thinking that maybe it was not my kind of comedy. I don't know. I can't really say what kind of comedy it is I like. For example, I liked Knocked Up but hated Forgetting Sarah Marshall, which was made by the same people, I think.

It was raining expletives in this movie but I must say that my favorite bit was when Ronnie died. I love it. I was laughing so hard during that scene.




Pick Flick #2: Iron Man
Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow

Yes I was the loser who didn't watch Iron Man in the cinema. But I am a happy loser who didn't watch it in the cinema. Or else that would have cost me P100++. Well, it wasn't bad. Actually, it was good, only I was expecting more. My sister's boyfriend said that it's better than Transformers... eh, I was a super fan of Transformers. So I was kinda expecting much more and the movie didn't live up to my expectations. Another reason why I watched was I got excited when Tony Stark made a cameo appearance in Incredible Hulk. Could it be that they'll make a movie with the two Marvel Comics superheroes together? I like.

Pick Flick #3: Xmen Origins: Wolverine
Hugh Jackman, Liev Shcreiber

First and foremost, I just wanna say that I ♥ Daniel Henney! He is so guapo. I swear. Even if he plays a bad guy here, I can't get myself to hate him. But... I prefer that he doesn't talk. I kinda don't like his speaking voice. Ewan. Even in Kim Sam-soon, I didn't like his voice already. I mean, what happened Daniel? Usually, Korean men have deep voice. Anyway, he's still super duper eye candy ;)

This movie's UH-MAZING! Galing-galing! I loved the special effects, etc.

When I was younger and still playing on the streets with my playmates, we used to re-enact X-Men. Each of us have assigned characters. The day they assigned characters, I think I was with my sisters looking for a summer class to enroll in. Imagine my disappointment when they they said I was Professor X. Professor X! They gave the Jubilee role to a 3-year old kid who doesn't even know who Jubilee is. They just had to give me Professor X... tsk, tsk... I mean, Professor X is powerful and all, but I want my character to have hair. Anyway, what I initially wanted to say was out of all the Xmen characters, Wolverine was my least favorite. Now I know why. This movie gave me a wider understanding of Wolverine's character. Kawawa nga naman ang tao mutant... maraming siyang issues tapos hindi niya pa alam kung anu-ano yung mga issues na yun. Ha.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails