Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Sacrifice

Now that the Lenten season has started and I already made the first step by going into confession last week, I vow to make some sacrifices.

Last year, my sacrifice was not to go online on Holy Week. This year, I promise to not drink Coke on Holy Week. It might seem facile to other but for me- a Coke junkie- it sure is hard as hell. We all have our addictions and for me it's drinking too much Coke and surfing the net for loooong hours. I Another sacrifice I'll make is to not watch DVDs and downloaded series/shows on Holy Week. The past years, this was what we did~ have movie and Kdrama marathons. This year, I'll read a book instead.

Anyway, my "sacrifices" for this Lent may be superficial but for me they are a great deal. I live and breathe these vices and quitting them, even for a wee period of time, is torture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amen!

goodluck :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails