Thursday, February 26, 2009

Pirate Bay




Namirata na naman kami. Ssshhh... secret lang. Hehe. Except for He's Just Not That Into You which we watched in the cinema. Sosyal.

Getting on the Oscars bandwagon, my sister bought DVDs of movies nominated in the Academy Awards with the exception of Wild Child and HJNTIY. Wild Child was my pick and I totally regret buying it~ what a waste of P60.

Out of all the Oscar-nominated movies, I liked Slumdog Millionaire the best. It truly deserved its win as the Best Movie. At first, I was skeptical about this movie since it's... Indian. I was expecting it to be like those Indian movies I see on zee tv on cable. It was not and I love it! I love the story- very, very entertaining. And yeah, Dev Patel's cute. Though I still don't get the concept of very young love. I'm wondering whether kids around the age 0f 10-12 already have or feel true, real love. Jamal's (Patel) motivation why he joined the contest was to find Latika (Freida Pinto). I mean, are you even supposed to have a memory of a crush you had when you were 10 years old? And the feeling's so strong that it haunts you on a regular basis? Or maybe it's just that the circumstances around them were different.
Jamal Malik: I knew you'd be watching
Latika: I thought we would meet only in death.
Jamal Malik: This is our destiny
They say that when you want something so bad, the powers of the universe will conspire for you to get it.




I liked the dancing scene at the end of the movie. Very Bolllywood. And very Regal films, too. I love Dev Patel. Too bad, the copy of Skins Juno burned for me won't work :(

I have watched Kate Winslet's movies Revolutionary Road and The Reader, I wasn't really paying attention to it. But I think I got the gist both movies. Both were sad movies. With Revolutionary Road, I was amazed cos it's Jack & Rose. The Titanic's Jack and Rose! Nakakainis lang yung character ni Kate Winslet. The Reader was a little scandalous. Imagine, a 30-year-old woman having an intimate relationship with a 15-year-old boy! I read the back of the DVD and it said How far would you go to protect a secret? Apparently, farther than what I expected. I love Kate Winslet. I want to download Heavenly Creatures and watch it again.

Vicky Cristina Barcelona didn't amuse as it did other people. Maybe because I am not too fond of Scarlett Johansson. Surpsrisingly, I liked Penelope Cruz in this one. Usually kasi, I don't like Penelope Cruz's movies. I just find her annoying. And oh, Barcelona's very pretty. I would like to go there someday.

I watched He's Just Not That Into You with AB. Her treat. I really wish we had watched Confessions of a Shopaholic instead. But I really thought HJNTIY was fun. Well, some parts were fun but I got borlogs on most parts (borlogs= super bored kaya nakatulog). My favorite story out of all the other sub-stories was Gigi's (Ginnifer Goodwin). She's so cute. And it's funny how she thinks she's already in love with the guy who (she thinks) is interested in her. Alex (Justin Long) was such an arshloch. He's not even good-looking to begin with! Whatever.

In class, a friend asked who has already watched HJNTIY. I eagerly raised my hand and shouted, "Boring!" And another classmate said, "Ang ganda kaya! Alam mo Val, kaya ka na-bore kasi hindi ka maka-relate sa movie." Baka nga.

And of course, my favorite quotable quote from the movie, by Gigi:
"Girls are taught a lot of stuff growing up: if a boy punches you he likes you, never try to trim your own bangs, and someday you will meet a wonderful guy and get your very own happy ending. every movie we see, every story we're told implores us to wait for it: the third act twist, the unexpected declaration of love, the exception to the rule. but sometimes we're so focused on finding our happy ending we don't learn how to read the signs. how to tell the ones who want us from the ones who don't, the ones who will stay and the ones who will leave. and maybe a happy ending doesn't include a guy, maybe it's you, on your own, picking up the pieces and starting over, freeing yourself up for something better in the future. maybe the happy ending is just moving on. or maybe the happy ending is this: knowing after all the unreturned phone calls and broken-hearts, through the blunders and misread signals, through all the pain and embarrassment... you never gave up hope."

Wild Child stars Emma Roberts. Let's just leave it at that.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails