Monday, August 25, 2008

randomness

Technology is overwhelming. Well, at least for me. A few months ago, I purchased a surveillance tool of sorts for the nail spa. I could access the unit through a 3G cellphone, by calling the unit using a Smart number for P6 per minute. I've been using Globe for two years now and I have no complaints regarding their service. But with Smart, my load credits seem to get used up magically. Since I'm not really married to my cellphone, meaning I don't like sending text messages nor calling (kasi mahal), my P100 load could last me 15 days. Yun ay 'pag wala akong makulit na customer. I haven't accessed the surveillance unit for a month or so since I had to replace the SIM card in the unit. It already expired due to inactivity. Plus, I was not informed I had to load it P60 every 2 months or else, the SIM would expire. And it did. Plus, there's also the configuration problems with my phone. Hassle.

Anyway... yesterday, while shopping for blank CDs and DVDs, I saw this wireless security camera on display. I asked the sales assistant if I would need anything else to get the unit working (ie. a PC, internet connection, etc). Na-excite ako kasi it's portable and supposedly (well, from what I understand) I don't need to spend P6/minute to access it. Haha. Kuripot. But really, with Smart's rate, I think you can't see much within a minute and therefore would need to spend more? So I already found a buyer for our surveillance tool but she wants it NOW. But I have to check first whether the other unit I'm planning on purchasing is really capable of the things I perceive it is capable of doing. I have to be in Mega at 10am.

***

Karaoke Lunch Out with my Spanish Class amigas. It was supposed to be Jaime's birthday blowout. He quietly celebrated his birthday last month, I bet so that we won't ask for any birthday treat from him. Unfortunately, we found out about it and persuaded him to treat us to karaoke. But lo and behold, Jaime said he can't come since he was sick and needed to rest. Uhh... okay. And I thought I was kuripot. But it was a BLAST! Anne came. Pam, Joji, Kosh and I were there. Josette came in late. It was so much fun. Who knew three hours could be so quick?

Red Box looks a bit beaten-up though. And I just have to mention this- I hate the way you have to browse through their selection. It was 7 years ago since I last went to a videoke bar and I know that a flipbook seems outdated as compared to the remote-controlled selection... but it was so much easier to search for songs through a list. As a result, we had to go through 5 consecutive Barry Manilow songs before the next artist. Albeit it was a really fun experience. Next week, Cheek's having his house blessing and Josette and I will bring our Magic Sing to the party. Hehe.

***

Yesterday, I stayed in Starbucks for almost 3 hours waiting for my sisters. So much for the diet... I had a Grande Mocha Frap but Light Blended and no whipped cream. So may effort pa rin. However, I observed that the beverage made me felt a bit sluggish afterwards. Or maybe I was so tired from going from one end of Megamall to the other-- thrice. I was so tired that I was so tempted to lay my head on the table and sleep (just like college days in the lib), but I fought the urge since if I do fall asleep, I might wake up with drool on my face. Dyahe. Hehe.

Also in Starbucks... there was this couple who was doing PDA to the max. As in. They were giving each other back massages... in public. I don't care kung pakialamera ako... pakialamera na kung pakialamera pero diba... you don't give your girlfriend (or bf) a massage in a cafe for all the world to see. Actually, bahay na bahay sila dun. First, the massage. Then they shared a seat, canoodling. And all the other PDA stuff. Get a room, why don't you?

***

At dahil pakialamera (at chismosa) talaga ako...

I was paying my Globelines bill yesterday when I overheard the foreign-accented-guy reprimanding a customer service assistant of their bad service. The CS assistant was explaining to him that his friend was this and that, blah blah blah. To which the guy replied, "She's my wife." With conviction. At doon ako napatingin. E kasi naman... ang exotic ng wife mo! Naka-duster pa. Pero in fairness, ang cute niya at hindi ketanders. I think the Mr. She's-My-Wife was being defensive. There's nothing wrong with being her friend, right? Next time, ask your wife to wear something presentable. Buti nga hindi sinabing, "Sir, your maid..." ayayayay... ang sama ko na. Tama na. Pero totoo. Mag-duster ba naman sa mall.

***

My parents are back from the province :) So I have to sleep in our room again. Back to the wonderful world of kalat! Cluttered to the max. I just don't know where to start.

But the good thing about my parents being here is that I won't have to take care of things. I won't be the go-to person if Manang needs bigas, asin, mantika, etc. Also, I won't be the one to decide as to what we'll be having for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

And they're also here in preparation for our Thailand trip which is, I believe, just three weeks away. Excited? :P And daddy said he misses us already and wants to be part of our weekly family day.

***

I want a BIG calculator. A pink one. I forgot which store was selling it but I bet there's a much cheaper version in Divi.

***

NOT-SO-BREAKING-NEWS

Nabuhay si Carlos Agassi.

Share ko lang.

No, I am not fan. Was not and never will be.
ASAP, uh uh uh... check it out.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails