Tuesday, July 22, 2008

under the sea

Family day for two consecutive days.

For Saturday, we went to the Manor Hotel to attend my uncle's Thanksgiving mass for the success of their fundraising concert. Originally, the plan was to have the mass at 4pm. So I made plans for myself while I wait until 4pm since my class ends at 12pm. My plan was to eat lunch then watch Mamma Mia! to kill time. But my uncle wanted to see the Oceanarium so we had to meet at 1pm instead.

The line at the Oceanarium was loooong. Considering that there was only one ticket booth... talagang aabutin ka ng siyam-siyam. We waited for like eons just to get the ticket. After securing the tickets, we decided to go back to the Manor first, have the mass then go back to the Oceanarium so we won't have to rush and waste P400 just like that. And did I mention that it was free?
We had so much fun. We took pictures like there was no tomorrow! Actually, sayang kasi hindi na-charge yung camera ni Becky Balyus (BB). We had to settle with our 3MP camphone and ancient digicam. AB had her 8MP digicam but surprisingly, our humble 3MP cameras took better pictures. BB said we had to go back so we could take pictures with her big cam. I said I would go only if she'll treat me :P


Nyarks!
I was actually hesitant to take a video of the sharks for fear that I might drop my yet-unpaid phone into the water or I might fall in the shark-infested pool. Well, yeah, I must be really stupid to do both but I tend to imagine the worst-case scenario.


Pagi...
The tunnel was amazing. But I think it was mommy who enjoyed it so much. I just wish that the tunnel was longer. And I hope that there were more fishes.

It was quite an experience but I don't know if I'll go back for a second time. Maybe, maybe not. I just noticed the Oceanarium isn't well-maintained. Some aquariums didn't contain the kind of fish that was described and pictured on the description. There were aquariums already showing signs of non-maintenance due to the presence of lumot (moss). I just wish that the people in-charge of this will take good (actually dapat BEST) care of the fishes there. For the amount they're charging per person, they don't have any excuse to neglect the place. Plus, they should keep it nice, clean and in tip-top condition so people would want to come back.

As we reached the huge aquarium full of pampano... we imagined what would be the scenario had daddy came with us...
Kami: Wow! Ang ganda! Ang lalaki ng isda!
Daddy: Wow! Ulam!
Hahahahaha!

Sunday, mommy had her extension blessed my uncle. Then we had lunch at Han Pao. Supposedly, it was turn to treat everyone for lunch but since we had visitors and mommy had her "blessing," trade kami. Nyahaha! Next week pa ako.

1 comment:

single lady said...

tita joy! samahan mo din ako dyan!!!! sulit ba nag 4 hundred???? tita joy salamat sa mg ainspiring messages..... ang masasabi ko lang....pumunta ka sa DAVAO!!!!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails