Wednesday, October 15, 2008

gg s02 e06: new haven can wait

I miss college! This week's episode made me miss college. I just wish we had wide, open, grassy spaces on campus. And no, that little strip of soccer field between LS and Velasco doesn't count.

I love this week's episode. Thankfully, there weren't much spit-swapping scenes... but Nate just had to ruin it for me.

I usually love and covet Blair's wardrobe but this episode was an exception. In the words of the Dean, too stuffy. Okay I am going to let her outfit in the dream sequence slip. After all, it was a dream sequence.


But I just can't overlook this one...

...the lola hat, the lola blouse, lola skirt and lola shoes. Too frumpy. Her pantulog looked even way better that.


Now that we're on the topic of clothes, I just had to comment on Serena's. I guess if one's going to a college visit to Yale, no less, one had to dress appropriately. And Serena just had to dress like a skank--

...plunging neckline



...too much cleavage.


and still manage to score an early acceptance. And yeah, it was her face on Page Six that got her in. Serena just lost it when Blair told her that because she knows it's true. Ha!

I wanted to post a picture and comment on Chuck's red pants and green socks but I'd rather not. This post's already overflowing with pictures. Basta, kakaiba. But Chuck's choice of clothing has always been strange. What I loved in this episode was Jenny's frock...
Serena's such a biatch. At least, Blair owns up to her evil ways. But Serena, she pretends she's all nice and says she does things just retaliate at whatever Blair throws at her. But in reality, she enjoys watching Blair writhe in insecurity. Okay, she's taller, stunningly gorgeous (in the show's context since I, personally, find Blair to be prettier than Serena. I find Serena's schnoz distracting), sexier and more popular, but does she have to rub it in Blair's face? Clearly, Blair's insecure of her, how else could Blair come up with a statement such as "my hair might not sparkle when it catches the light?" as compared to that young lady. Serena knew that and used it to torture Blair. She did take everything from Blair-- Nate, Eleanor, her army, and now Yale, which is Blair's dream. She definitely crossed the line on this one.


I love this scene. Mukhang kawawa si Blair... parang scene sa Sharon Cuneta movie. I'm sure Blair was thinking, "Babangon ako't dudurugin kita."

And of course, my favorite scene-- when Blair threw her clutch at Serena's head.
Priceless.


Darth Vader: 1 point. Sunshine Barbie:0. Yay! Go Team Blair! But I also liked it when Serena ripped the bow headband off Blair's head and said, "I hate your stupid headband." Ditto. Well, I used to love it but then everybody else started wearing it. And yeah, it does look stupid. Only Blair can rock it.

After the fight, Serena waved the white flag. She's giving up on their little fight and their friendship. Or so, we thought. They still have this itty-bitty goodness left in their hearts that the both of them tried to talk to the Dean that the other one deserves to get into Yale. Awww...

The producers are already hinting us that there will be a Gossip Girl: The College Years. Back in Season 1 (The Poison Ivy), the five main characters wanted to go to five different universities: Serena to Brown, Blair to Yale, Nate to USC, Chuck to Princeton and Dan to Dartmouth. Why, all of a sudden, they all expressed interest in going to Yale? Hmm... If ever Dan goes to Yale, he is such a sell-out. But if they do go to college (at Yale), will Gossip Girl still be there? How pathetic of him/her to devote his/her life to stalking these kids. Just a thought.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails