Friday, June 6, 2008

Hope for the best

We arrived home 9pm from the hospital. Mommy was supposed to have her operation at 3pm but she got admitted in to the surgery area at 6pm. She had a cyst on her left breast removed and then it will be subjected to biopsy.

I never really thought that my mommy would be scared to undergo such procedure. Aside from the fact that she has given birth 5 times one of them through CS section and underwent appendectomy, I always considered her as a brave woman. It was only yesterday, while waiting for her operation, that it occurred to me that she's actually scared about it. It was a good thing my daddy's back from the province. He came home especially for the purpose of accompanying my mom. I just hope for the best and I hope the mass isn't a threat to her health.

Hanging out in the surgery suite for 5 hours, I have seen people before and after they went for surgery for various reasons. One patient had gall stones removed. One patient had an appendectomy and guess what, I saw his appendix. I was quite unprepared for it since the doctor suddenly came in carrying a clear plastic with a red thing inside, which I figured out is the appendix. Yuck. There were a few others but I never really got to know what they're in for. Staying in the hospital is indeed a stressful, especially when you pass by the ICU and see people waiting worriedly outside. I just wish I wouldn't have to go in a hospital anytime soon.

Another topic...

I had a dream last night. A tragic one.

I forgot the entire dream but the only thing I remember was... my cousin, Big J (who, by the way, I still haven't met) and some companions were trekking some place. I don't know where it was but from what I remember, there was ice and snow. I can't even remember if I was there in my dream. Basta, what happened was Big J slipped and hit her head on the rock and died. Waaaah!!! Throughout my dream, I kept hearing that it was her temporal lobe that got hit so badly and she wouldn't be able to survive. Ayun lang.. after that I woke up already. I really thought it was real. I'm so glad it was just a dream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

watch House M.D.

Anonymous said...

that's why you didnt took up nursing.... it's somehow depressing to see people worried especially outside the ICU....well, in my case Im not affected. Matibay ako dyan. But its different when its your family who undergo such procedure...kakastress!!!!!!well, try to watch ER

Related Posts with Thumbnails