Wednesday, June 11, 2008

About Sandara

Before PBB, the only local star search/reality tv program I watched was Star Circle Quest. The very first season and it was all because of Sandara. That time, I was into Korean entertainment- series, movies, music, etc. And when this cute Korean girl tried out for local star search program, I became a fan... a closet fan, for that matter. She was funny and adorable even though she pronounces stuffed toy as istap toy. Haha! The tv show made her big even if she didn't really have any talent to back her up, just her Korean-ness. But all of a sudden, she became so annoying.

I was annoyed that she has gotten too thin. I was annoyed that she doesn't really have talent. She can't even speak straight Tagalog for crying out loud. I was annoyed that her lankly limbs seemed to fly at all directions whenever she danced. I was annoyed that it seemed that she doesn't really give importance to the Philippines. I even reacted violently to her decision to try it in the Korean entertainment scene~ there were a lot of girls prettier than her and actually have talents.

But I was surprised when I found this on youtube via soompi

She's the skinny girl in a tank top
I never thought she could be capable of this :P

Whoa! What an improvement! Which goes to show that if a talent is trained well, she can actually acquire a talent. I like it that Korean entertainment doesn't rest on cuteness (although is may seem like it) alone. Unlike ABS-CBN, they do train their talents and they train them well and not only see them as cash cows.
one of the songs/videos she made in the PI. This video compared with the first one proves that she has improved an awful lot.

I'm happy for her.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails