Monday, January 30, 2012

end of the affair

All good things must come to an end.


Has it really been 5 years already? It's sad because I have grown so attached to this series and among all the series I have watched or am currently watching, I have the most unconditional love for this one. With Gossip Girl, I have unconditional love towards Blair and only Blair and I admit that there were times back in the 3rd season when I entertained thoughts of stopping watching it. But I stuck through it and I am sticking with it  mainly because of her. How I Met Your Mother's consistently funny so there's no need to force myself to watch it. With Glee, I stopped watching it altogether- too trying hard to be socially relevant, imho. But with Chuck... this is real love, y'all! All characters are lovable (well, maybe except for the villains). No characters you'd want to get hit by a bus or fall off a cliff such as Vanessa Abrams or Jenny Humphrey.

Omigosh, I remember signing up an online petition for Chuck's 3rd season... and at that time, even if the third season would be their last, I am fine with it just as long as they give me an ending. Imagine my joy when I found out that they were picked up for a 4th season, then a 5th. I was elated. Wow, it has been three years since signing that online petition.

I have yet to thank that guy who sold me the Chuck DVD set. At the time, I have NEVER heard of Chuck nor Zachary Levi nor anyone in the cast and I had NO intention of buying but since he was superduper makulit and practically shoving it in my face, I gave in. And now I have him to thank for this serendipitous find.

It hasn't been all roses, my relationship with Chuck. There were episodes that I thought were corny or boring. There were times when I thought that it was getting redundant and how I wondered why no one seems to be a plain civilian around them. Either someone's from Fulcrum, The Ring or one of Volkoff's minions. But I guess such is inevitable. In order to appreciate something in its truest sense, we must go through with them though the good and the worst. Word. But whatever, I'm glad I stuck with it all these years. Who cares if five years in Burbank could turn a man into butter? I like butter. Butter is nice :)

I am soooo in love with Sarah + Chuck. We all kinda knew where the relationship is headed to but still it was one helluva I-feel-it-in-my-fingers-I-feel-it-in-my-toes 42-minute ride every week. I was crying while watching because I knew they won't be back for Season 6. I was actually crying during those flashback scenes.


Chuck's a big influence in my life because I made him my peg for the perfect boyfriend. Diba??? Fine, he's not  a hunk-a-babe with six-pack abs, but he has a kick-ass amazing sense of humor and he's smart and he's kind. Ayun lang, he works at a Buy More, LOL. But whatever. I'd still take him ANYfrickinTIME.

Chuck and Sarah. Elie and Awesome. Casey. Morgan. Jeffster. General Beckman. EVERYONE. Oh yes, I am this attached to this series. I love it THIS MUCH. Even if they gave me a sort of an open-ended ending (which I really hate because I they're called endings for a reason), I love it truly, madly, deeply. Unconditional love, y'all! I really thought they could make Sarah's memories, her memories with Chuck, come back. Okay, fine.. move on na nga. They'll make new memories na lang together. Everyone's moved on. And so should I.


So long. Farewell. 
You will be missed.

PS. Next time we have a dog (which is sometime soon because bitch is preggers), I am naming the pups, Chuck Bartowski and Sarah Walker. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails