Tuesday, September 9, 2008

We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.
Anne Frank

I'm 26 years and 3 days old. I still can't bloody believe that I'm in my late 20s already. Anyway, I don't feel old. As usual, I am my old, retarded self. Haha. Sabi nga sa commercial, it's okay to be 40, as long as you look 30. In my case, it's okay to be 26, as long as I look 14. Not. I don't even know if I look old or young for my age. Some people comment that I still could pass off as a college student, while some get surprised that I'm only 26. I often get the surprised-that-I'm-only-26 comments from salesladies, etc. who get my info or something-- they don't know they look way older than me yet they're younger. Whatever.

For my birthday, we just ate lunch out- courtesy of AB. I thought it was mommy's treat, hindi pala. It was more like an ordinary Sunday since it was also overshadowed by another event that was to happen the next day. There were times that I'll even realize that it's my birthday pala. Pero keri na rin. I was happy that day. Maybe you would just have to decide to be happy. Plus, there were no expectations, right? Most often than not, the expectations I set are high that things often fall short if it. Better to not have expectations or expect nothing much from people, things, etc.

I'm trying to be happy. I guess effective naman siya since I feel happy nowadays. I take pleasure in the simple things in life. A lot of people greeted me on my birthday and even just for that, I am happy. There were other factors but mainly I have to attribute it to the decision I made. Oo nga pala, although I was happy there was a part of me that was sad for this one particular reason I would rather not discuss here. Keri.

The Thailand trip is already next week but I am not 100% sure if it will push through since there's some kind of political unrest in the country. I hope that they resolve that before the week ends. Ano ba!?! I'm so looking forward to this trip since it's my first time to go to a foreign country, plus I've been pining for loads of spicy dilis and sampaloc and tom yum soup for years! Please don't deprive me of this. I'm so so so excited!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

me happy when ur happy =)
pasalubong sa thailand!

Related Posts with Thumbnails