Saturday, May 3, 2008

Mommy's Birthday
The family celebrated mommy's birthday a day earlier. It was celebrated a day in advance since AC was supposedly going on a trip to Vietnam and would not be here on May 2nd (today). Originally, it was planned to be a lunch date at Trinoma; However, since my daddy just arrived from the province, we had to postpone it for later so he could rest even for a while.

We were never really fond of big fiestas. We just had a family dinner at Conti's with one of my aunts. The food was really, really good but their service really, really sucks. As in. They would get our plates from the table without even asking if we're done. While I was reaching for the cake, the waiter got my Coke can without even asking, semi-shoving my arm aside. It took forever before the food was served and the most bastos thing was when they gave the bill to my mom. My mom was still looking and double-checking the order when all of a sudden, the waitress abruptly took the receipt from my mother's hand upon learning that it's my sister who's paying. I saw her do it right before my very eyes and I couldn't believe what I saw. Good thing my father didn't see what that waitress did or else, nasermonan siya. Good thing the food was really good and it compensated for the terrible service.

Market Research
AD and I were late for dinner since we conducted a little market research on the side. She actually had a meeting scheduled at 4pm but we managed to squeeze in a nail spa visit before that. The nail spa was located at Timog. It was a neighborhood nail spa, a lot similar like ours, but their neighborhood is much more upscale and encompasses a much larger area.

The place was small and a little cramped. I guess it's their way of maximizing space. It was also a little noisy since their staffs kept chatting even when there were customers around. The seats were cushy but they're not conducive to relaxation. What I liked was the fact that they use imported polishes such as OPI, Essie and China Glaze. I also loved the body scrub they used on me, I think it's that Tropical Fusion schnitz. It smells soooo good. *idea*

I really need a better air-conditioning system. Or maybe I just need to transfer it somewhere where there's better air circulation?

BTW, something in here made me smile and proud of what I currently do.

Ano ba talaga, koya?
Actually, more of Ano ba talaga, father dear?

And so we tackle again the subject of whether or not I should go to law school. I managed to escape law school a few years back and just when I thought that my father has accepted the fact that I will never be a lawyer, we're back to square one.

Just tonight, over dinner... the topic of me going to law school was reopened. And now I'm torn whether or not I should go back. A part of me feels guilty of being not able to fulfill my father's dream for me and do just that, fulfill my father's dream I mean. Personally, I don't want anything to do with the legal profession. I just don't think I'm cut for that type of job. I can't even get my 5-peso change, 'no!

According to my father, I am taking the path of least resistance. Honestly and sadly, it's true. I'm not proud of it and I'm frustrated about it. And so I'm giving myself one year to prove that I don't need a title to be successful. If after one year and I'm still an aimless soul, maybe I'll give law school a try. Wow! Pressure on myself to do good... What to do? What to do? Kailangan ng mataimtimang pagdarasal at pagninilay-nilay ito. I need to prove myself. TO ALL OF THEM!

I need to talk to Joji about this, ask questions, etc.

Vintage Vanessa
I'm excited for Vanessa Carlton's Manila Tour! And so I'm getting re-acquainted with her songs just so hindi ako lost when I watch her perform on May 10.

I've been doing some research~ bio, songs and lyrics and recent activities. Apparently, she's currently into vintage. I'm not sure if she's the one into vintage or that's just the theme they adopted for her current album. Either way, I love it! Check out her Nolita Fairytale music video and you'll see what I mean ;)
I loved her songs ever since she started. I'm just not fond of listening to an entire album kaya hindi ko alam lahat ng songs niya. I'm more of a Top-40 kind of girl, I rely too much what's on radio and the music channels. But I know that I liked all of her songs that were released commercially. Her songs and that of Michelle Branch. Sila ang medyo magkapareho ng repertoire.

Super excited!!!!!!!!!! I wish she'll sing her songs from before and not just the songs that are in her current album. E-X-C-I-T-E-D A-K-O!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails