Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Love love love

Ooooh!!! Oooh!!! Oooh!!! They're making this...
into this...
credits: popsugar.com

They've started filming the movie adaptation of Confessions of a Shopaholic. I'm currently reading the second installation of the Shopaholic book series, Shopaholic Takes Manhattan. It's really entertaining but it could also get annoying at times. I mean, she's not only shopaholic, she's a compulsive liar, too. As I was reading the book earlier today, I was thinking how it would be great if they'd make this into a movie and if so, who would play Becky Bloomwood's character... and whaddyaknow, they are! (And I am so excited! Too bad it's due 2009 pa.) Isla Fisher will play Becky Bloomwood. I'm not sure if she's perfect for the role. I'm actually thinking Katherine Heigl. How original, haha! I'm just not really sold on the idea of Isla Fisher playing the role of Becky Bloomwood. I saw her on Wedding Crashers and didn't quite like it, thought she was weird and annoying. Maybe it's just the role.

I still am not sure as to who will play Luke Brandon. In the cast list, below Isla Fisher, is Hugh Dancy but it doesn't say which character he'll be playing. Let's just hope it's not Luke. He's not Luke-ish. I'm thinking someone good-looking... teka lang... Hugh Dancy could be good-looking. Puede naman...

The movie's set in NY... ahhh... another plus for me. But I'm wondering why it wasn't set in London like in the books. And what would they do when they also decide to turn the second book into a movie when she's already in Manhattan??? Wait... maybe they'll be incorporating all 3 books into one movie? Maybe... maybe not. I'm hoping not. I think they should cash in on this one. Ditzy, fun books sell. As well as ditzy, fun movies.

Eeeeeeeeeek... I can't wait!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails