Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Feliz Año Nuevo and Resolutions

FELIZ AÑO NUEVO A TODOS!
I can't bloody believe that it's already 2008! Seems as if 2007 just whizzed by.

I was planning to do a year-ender post but we were busy preparing for our New Year's celebration and so I wasn't able to make one. I haven't even come up with my resolutions for this year. However, I just came across this newsletter from one of those websites I subscribe to and I liked how she did her year-in-review and resolutions for the coming year. Ergo,

I would like to be able to tell you that in the past year I...
* lost 30 lbs.
* successfully lessened my soda intake
* generated an ROI for our business
* finished reading El Zahir
* traveled outside of the country
* earned my first million
* was more hands on with the business
* spent less time on the net


Instead, I have to tell you that in the past year I...
* haven't lost a single pound
* still drink Coke almost everyday
* still haven't generated ROI
* have tried reading El Zahir but wasn't successful
* traveled outside the city limits
* was too lazy to go be hands on with the business (esp. because I have to deal with them)
* am still struggling with my Spanish tenses
* rekindled my want for Lucky and Teen Vogue magazines
* am addicted to the net more than ever, esp. now that there's Facebook

However, in the past year I also...
* started this new business and it is starting to do good
* made the decision to be happy
* read more books than the year before that
* have discovered Gossip Girl
* met a cousin for the first time
* read about the secret

In the next year, I am hoping to...
* be more hardworking
* lose 30 lbs.
* make both businesses make LOTS of money, gimme my ROI!
* reconnect with friends I haven't seen for a long time
* travel to Thailand
* go on a scholarship to Spain (Salamanca, here I come!)
* speak impeccable Spanish
* visit my other cousins living abroad
* read a book every week
* find better employees (skills and personality-wise)
* complete the Harry Potter, Gossip Girl, It Girl and Shopaholic books series ( I know, all are ditzy books)
* see the Eiffel Tower
* be able to drive
* "accept myself, forgive myself, and get back up whenever I fall down," as quoted from Rozanne Paxman

The new year brings me hope since I often view the new year as a start, a clean slate. I often see the new year as an opportunity to start something. But the new year also makes me anxious... since I'd be a year older and would have to face real responsibilities (even if not now, eventually... yikes!)

I just wish that this year will be THE YEAR for me. I wish myself prosperity and all the good things in life! Of course, the same wish goes to everyone important in my life.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails