Thursday, October 11, 2007

Books

Just finished reading two books, The Rules of Life (Richard Templar) and Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life (Amy Krouse Rosenthal), and I am now reading Harry Potter 5.

Three books is 2 months... not bad. Not bad at all... in fact, I consider it a big improvement from reading one book a year. As much as I would love to read a new book every week, my AD/HD syndrome gets in the way. Alongside with book reading, I would want to watch more movies and series.

Liked it. Although it took me more than a month to finish, I still loved it... me being a sucker for self-help books.
As much as I enjoyed the book, I reckon I am not yet ready to become a Rules Player for the main reason that I can't remember them anymore. And the one rule I can clearly remember is the very first one, which I have already violated and that is Rule #1: Keep it under your hat... Don't preach, propagate, even mention this.

Anyway, I have my set of favorite rules. Here are my top 5 ( I still don't remember them. I am holding the book while writing this.)

1. Accept what done is done.
There's no use in crying over spilled milk or something to that effect. "There is no going back, only forwards. Make it a motto for life- keep moving forwards."

2. Only dead fish swim with the stream.
Honestly, tinamaan ako dito. I'm only 25 and for a moment there I was about to lose hope. I was a dead fish. I still am. But, I'm slowly working my way wherever it is I want to go (although its not that clear to me). "Keep swimming, little fish, keep swimming."

3. Get on with life- it's whooshing past.
"I'm sure you get the idea. You have to get on with life, but it is so easy to wallow if you don't have a goal (or goals) and a plan. It's very easy for the days to blur into each other of you've mp idea where you are going or what you want to achieve."

4. Have a belief system.

5. Don't dwell on the past.
Guilty again. Up until now, I am doing this. It is hard not to dwell on the past when the my best memories (yet) belonged to yesteryears... According to the author, "Don't miss what is happening now because you were too busy looking back..." And I guess I have to do just that. When I'm thirty, I don't want to look back and wonder where all the time has gone...

Blog-style. Maybe that's why I was able to breeze through the pages of the book. My favorite parts were when she would recall her childhood because it made me reminisce too.

It made me want to something similar to it in this blog but reckon I am much too unimaginative to come up with something. But her idea was brilliant. Someday, I would like to do an Alphabetized Existence myself.

Maybe I'll do something like it right now...


A
Ano ba?
Wala ako maisip eh..
Next time na lang.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails