Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Another update

Update! Update!

Last weekend must have been the most eventful weekend I've had for months! Maybe that was what I needed to banish the blues.

Last Friday, two of my sisters were supposed to fly to Bacolod for my uncle's interment (my uncle died of a heart attack two weeks ago, which is sad news for us). But just right before they left for the airport, Cebu Pacific informed them that their flight was canceled because the airplane had to be fixed or whatever. Bottom line was their trip didn't push through and to banish the inis, we opted to just go to The Fort.

About the Christina Aguilera Concert
When it was first announced, I wanted to watch so badly. The cheapest ticket would suffice since I just want to see her perform live, nothing else. But my sister didn't want the cheapest ticket since it would be too masa (as what happened with the PCD concert). But then the interest to watch slowly waned. Entonces, when July 6 arrived, we were still ticket-less. And during that day, it seemed that there was an impending rain so my sister said that she doesn't want to watch anymore. Sayang naman daw ang tickets kung nagkataon na umulan. Then an idea came to me. Why don't we just listen to the concert instead? And so that's just what we did. But sitting outside, eating... we became to sleepy and bored to enjoy listening to the concert. And so we opted to take a walk around the area when a former employee approached her. It just so happened that they were selling tickets, well, more like scalping. They were selling tickets for P400 each. And so we got to watch the concert for less the price of one regular-priced ticket.

The concert was good. Christina Aguilera's vocals were superb but I think she didn't warm up to the audience. The crowd wasn't as lively compared to the other concerts I've been to. And most of her past songs we're rearranged to fit the whole 20s-30s feel. But I guess that was part of the unresponsiveness of the audience. They weren't familiar with the songs kasi. And although they were familiar with it, the songs were rearranged deeming it hard for the crowd to sing along. Knowing Filipinos, parusa sa kanila ang hindi maka-sing along! Haha! The crowd began to warm up near the event's conclusion when she ditched the 20s vibe and sang her song as what the audience recalled it to be. Sayang.

And oh, she seemed snobbish talaga. There weren't much interaction between her and the audience.

S is for Saturday & Sunday
As usual, I went to Spanish class last Saturday. I was late only for an itty-bitty while, which was good. And the teacher commended me for remembering la trompa, las orejas y los colmillos of the elephant. And it felt good! It revved me up and wanted to study for real.

Saturday also consists of LRT and MRT rides with Josette. She had new chismaks for me last Saturday so it was an informative ride home. Haha! The only thing I hate for that day was the 40-minute wait for the FX to actually head home.

And Sunday was pasyal day for me and my sisters. We went to Church early and headed to SM Hypermart to do our grocery. We ate at A Veneto, mi favorito lugar para pizzas y pasta con mozzarella! After lunch, we did our grocery which must have lasted for 2 hours, if not longer. I love grocery stores! After doing the grocery, my sister treated us to a Kopi Roti bun, soft-boiled egg and coffee snack. Yum. Yum. And then we headed back home for our weekly dose of Philippine showbiz chismaks.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails