Wednesday, June 20, 2007

callejearse

I have been busy these past few days accompanying my cousin to job applications and mall tours. Since she doesn't really know how to go around Manila, I accompanied her to where she wants and needs to go. Alongside the job applications, we managed to squeeze in some mall-hopping. Or is it the other way around? Alongside mall-hopping, we managed to squeeze in some job applications. Hahaha. In two days, we were able to go to Virra Mall, RP, Divi Mall, 168 Mall, Glorietta, Megamall and Galleria. For two days, we were walking from sun-up to sun-down, until the soles and toes of my feet were blackened by the pollution of Metro Manila.

And since we have a guest over, which is my cousin, we did a lot of eating. Everyday, I felt as if I was on the verge of bursting due to excessive food intake. Also, Manang Marimi treated me to lots of fast food yummies. I've never felt so full for a long time until now. Among the restaurants/fast foods that we've eaten in, my favourite was A Veneto. I love A Veneto because of their spaghettis with loads of mozzarella on it. But yesterday I was slightly disappointed when they ordered a garlic-sauce spaghetti. Anyway, my current favourite is.... caramel apple! Accompanying my cousin was fun for me and at the same time, it freed me from my duties and responsibilities for a wee bit. For her, it was time away from the life she has lived for ten years. We're cajoling her to extend her vacation here in Manila so she could send out more applications and maybe try to re-organize her life. She's not liking the way her life is turning out to be and I believe it will never be too late to sort everything out. But first, she has to go some place far from where she lives right now, far from heartache whether caused by romantic affairs or familial conflicts.

Also, I've been feeling a little bit under the weather. I don't know whether it was caused by the erratic weather or too much intake of sweets. It started out with a sore throat then my whole body ached then the colds. I am still not totally well, justifying why I didn't go to work today. Hahaha.

Yesterday, just minutes away from the movie's start, we decided to go to St. Francis Square for some bargain shopping. My cousin bought blouses for her and for her mom. And I bought new DVDs. Now, I can add Witch Yoo Hee, Ma Wang, Heroes and Felicity to my collection. Finally, I can watch Felicity. Long have I been wanting to watch this series. Hopefully, I can find copies of My So-Called Life some time soon.

I have realized that when I watch sad, angst-y series/movies, I start to imbibe its mood. I want to steer clear of movies/series with such themes but then again I might be missing on some of the good stuff. Like what my cousin told me about watching Korean series... As someone who's suffering from a break-up, she's currently into hard core drama series. She said that sometimes, it's not such a good idea to watch these dramas since they give you false hopes because these dramas tend to exaggerate. So I told her that she should learn to separate fiction from reality. Maybe she's vulnerable at this time but it's also important to tell her that these stuff that happen on dramas don't happen in real life. She says it's too good to be true. Then maybe it is.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails