Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Adios Enero

Last post for the first month of the year.

Well, I haven't updated for days and so much has happened already. I haven't been posting since (believe it or not) I've been busy lately putting up my empire! Bwahahaha! Pero seriously, I hope all our endeavors will be successful and my dream of becoming a landlady of leisure will be realized. Anyway, here's what happened this January...

My sister and I have just finished concocting 150 pieces of our own lip balm. It took us half a day to finish everything but in the end, it was all worth it. We have come up with our ownlip balm concoction a la Burt's Beeswax Lip Balm and the best part of it is... it's super duper cheap. An 8.5-gram container of Burt's Beeswax costs P195 while our 5-gram container costs only P30.

During these last two weeks, the nail spa's doing good. But recently, it seems that it's in a slump. Well, it's still better than when it first started but we need to do better than that for it to be really profitable. Honestly, I'm slightly worried about the competition. They're putting up another branch which makes me wonder if they have THAT many customers that they have to put up another branch and quite intelligently, in an area very near the first location. Oh well, I guess I have to stop worrying about them and just focus on how we could improve better.

I was able to renew our business permits and licenses. It was easy but it took us 4 hours! Well, okay na rin since I went there at around 7pm already. I was able to renew but technically, I'm not yet finished with the process since I have to go back there and secure the other permits. Bureaucracy... Grrrr.

I already got my portable DVD player na rin this month! It was a birthday/Christmas gift from my sister. This means I don't have to be a squatter in my ate's and parents' room when I want to watch my series. Yay! As a result, I was able to finish watching It Started with a Kiss which I started watching 3 months ago but never really got to watch it again til now.

I was able to see a shooting star, too! While attending a mass in our parish church, I looked up and saw a shooting star. Initially I thought it was just fireworks but when it didn't give out a blast, I knew it was a shooting star. I made a wish right away and I truly, madly, deeply wish that it would come true! Ojala!

Manang's daughter died a week ago and as a result, Manang had to go back to the province leaving us all by ourselves. This means we don't eat regularly which is good since this could make me lose weight. Haha!

I also had my hair relaxed once again and I love it! Now I wouldn't worry (for 5 months, at least) whether or not my hair's in disarray.

Time really flies... and tomorrow it's February already. I'm wishing really hard that by June this year, business will be GOOOOD (including the other sidelines).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails