Monday, November 3, 2008

patience is a virtue

My mandatory first-day-of-the-month post made not on the first day of the month.

I'm quite excited for a few forthcoming events: Brow House's supposed opening on the 15th, Rihanna and Chris Brown's concert on the 16th, Twilight on cinemas and Christmas.

My brows are getting heavier by the day. Yesterday when I curled my lashes, the tips of my lashes met my brows. I seriously need to get my brows groomed and I'm so happy happy joy joy that my wait has been reduced to 12 days. Okay, 13 days since I plan on having them plucked clean on the 16th, the same date as the double concert, para tipid sa gas ;)

I noticed, by the gazillion Halloween party pics uploaded on facebook, that Halloween parties are the shizz in the states. Very different from the practice here in the country. Well, there are some Halloween parties but they aren't that big as compared to the states. On those dates, people go to the cemetery to visit the dead. Good for us, our dead relatives were buried in the province and we wouldn't have to squeeze ourselves in the cemetery with million others. Instead, my sisters and I went out with cousin Ging who was visiting from the states. Actually, she wanted to go to a Halloween party. But as the boring cousins we are, we took her to Omakase for dinner instead. Hehe.

Watched House Bunny with mommy and sisters last Saturday. The movie was funny. I liked it. I loved the part where Shelley (Anna Faris) tried to copy the Marilyn Monroe pose.

Speaking of movies, I'm so looking forward to the Twilight movie coming out this November. At first, I was wondering what's the fuss about this new book series. Usually, I resist anything that's liked by a lot. I resisted High School Musical. I resisted The O.C. I even resisted the skinny jeans craze. Obviously, resistance was futile since I loved High School Musical, The O.C. and (not-so) skinny jeans. And now I jumped on the Twilight bandwagon. Too stingy to buy books, I downloaded an audiobook instead. Now, I am hooked on the series and I still do want to own copies of the four books that comprise the series. Audiobooks are fine, only I end up asleep after 15 minutes. I'm so excited for the movie. I can't wait to see Edward Cullen's eyes turn from black to gold and vice versa. Oo nga pala, I was a little disappointed when I saw the actor who was playing Edward. He's not that goodlooking. I just expected someone super duper mega over good looking (as he was described as such in the book).
What I love about Twilight is it's oozing with cheesiness. I love cheesy. It makes me giddy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey mother! where's the usual time-flies-by-so-fast thing dito sa entry na to?
anyhoo. im reading the ebook of twilight just to get ready for the movie too. im not really enjoying it at the moment, currently at page 100+ pa lang naman, but then sabi ng teammate ko it gets better daw eh. so malamang tapusin ko na rin.
btw, i heard of the movie cos ung paramore (band i currently like) has two songs in the OST. swabeh di ba?
nga pala, u know edward? if you watch harry potter, he played cedric (and ello. type ko sya dun, but i kinda agree na sana mas wafu pa kinuha nila) hahaha!
let me know ur comments.
-u should know kung sino ako batukan kita pag indi :>

Anonymous said...

nga pala. i watched the trailer na rin sa utube, and im not really satisfied... hehehe basta! para bang indi sya un ma excite ka lalo sa movie?.... parang ganito ung reaction ko "ahhh okay....un na un?" hehehe pero panuorin ko pa rin.

tas, speaking of audiobook, nag dl ako nun stardust hahahaha! nakaka antok pala sila tlga?!

kelan ba kasi tayo mag kikita muli??

- ako pa rin to. lols!

Related Posts with Thumbnails