Friday, March 25, 2016

Recreation Therapy 2016: Cheese in the Trap

I finally finished my second Korean drama for the year- huzzah! 

via
I think I started watching this drama January this year but due to my busy (naks) schedule (and also ADHD), I got to finish just now. As in today lang. Aside from the reason I found the pace of the story a little slow, there was no character that I really really liked.

Obviously Seol, Yoon and In ho are in some sort of triangle and usually in triangles like this one, I find myself rooting for either A or B. For example, Bae Yong Jun in Winter Sonata, Kerokerokeroppi (si Carlo) in Lovers in Paris and Cha Seung-won in The Greatest Love. I was neither for Yoon nor for In ho. I read in another blog that the author is suffering from Second Lead Syndrome or wanting the female lead to end up with the second male lead (aka ang pampagulo) than the male lead. I think I like Yoon (for Seol) but he's creepy na medyo with serial killer tendencies. So I tried picturing Seol with In ho, but there's no chemistry there. And I feel there was no contest naman to begin with. Seol likes Yoon and sees In ho only as a brother (wag po koya!) although there was a moment of confusion there when In ho hugged her (parang hug lang eh, malisyosang babae! although you don't just hug friends of the opposite sex). 

Out of all the characters, I find In ha the most entertaining and endearing. Well she was supposed to be one of the traidoras but I just can't get myself to hate her. Maybe there was this one point I did not like her (when she ratted out Yoon to his dad), but aside from that, she may be one of the reason I watched this drama until the end. 

So I found out through Dramabeans that there was a little controversy happening behind the scenes. It was an okay drama but it's not one of my favorites. I'm planning on reading the original webtoon to better understand Yoon and his "personality disorder." 

6 out 10. Kinilig ng bahagya ngunit kulang pa din. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails