Thursday, January 29, 2015

2015 Reading Challenge: Dear Girls Above Me

Done with my fifth book for 2015- huzzah! I'm on a roll. I must reach my quota this year- 50 books in 52 weeks- at kailangan ko ng pondo cos I'm sure all reading activities will be on hold the fourth quarter of the year as you know I'll be busy with bazaars and orders.

So. Dear Girls Above Me, I can't even remember how exactly I knew of this book but definitely not on Goodreads. Either I stumbled upon it on of those book blogs or while I was killing time in National Book Store. Read the blurb, it caught my fancy et voila!

Funny story of Charlie's everyday life living with two noisy albeit entertaining girls. Charlie thinks he could hear these girls loud and clear due to some architectural design or flaw... whatever... but then again maybe these girls are just really loud. But then again they're entertaining in a bimbo-ish kind of way but still funny, right? And he wouldn't have the material he needed for his Twitter and his book, riiiight? The girls also seem nice. Yun lang, are they still friends with Charlie even after the publication of this book? I'd definitely take offense of this book if I were on of those girls because, HELLO! my bimbo-ness and whorish ways were sort of brought out into the open for the entire world to read. But then again the book's "inspired by a true story" so maybe Cathy and Claire weren't actual depiction of the girls who lived above his unit- or sana he could've just issued an all persons fictitious disclaimer. Haha!

3 of out 5 stars. Fun read but what I'm looking for right now is kilig. Ha.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails